Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Buying a house...hopefully!

We could use a few positive dogsey vibes please! We saw a house we fell in love with, on the same street as our best friends...close to both our work and our families, with an amazing garden, lovely sized rooms, conservatory and porch....we viewed 3 days after it got put up for sale...we offered a few days later and our second offer was accepted!
We're now in the process of applying for a mortgage, agreement in principle sorted and initial credit checks - so close! Please send some good vibes that we'll get accepted and nothing bad comes up in the searches!
We could potentially be in in 4-6 weeks as there's not a chain in sight! We'd LOVE to be in well before summer and really make the most of the amazing garden!!!
Will post pictures when it's more finalised as I don't want to jinx myself - but trust me it's beautiful!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh good luck Everything crossed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Everything crossed for you.

Don't bank on the four to six weeks unless you're prepared to pay for a fast track solicitor. Eight weeks is more standard even when just buying
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Fantastic I know what you mean about jinxing it, I refused to post photos up online until I had the keys in my hand
We had no chain either and it all went pretty smoothly, but I agree with Brierley. Offer verbally accepted on 5th October, AIP was near instant (took an evening, from when we sat down with the financial advisor and him submitting it - he heard back later that night!), but for the actual mortgage offer, the paperwork took a while to go back and forth as mortgage company kept changing their minds on what evidence they wanted - got the official offer on the 2nd November, exchanged on 21st November and moved in on the 19th December - just in time for Christmas! We were ready to move ASAP but the seller had to wait for his rental place to become available so that was the quickest we could move in.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Good luck.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Woo hoo!

Hope everything goes well, honey.

Sending loads of positives for you all

x0x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Sounds brilliant.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Everything crossed for you.

Don't bank on the four to six weeks unless you're prepared to pay for a fast track solicitor. Eight weeks is more standard even when just buying
Yes, I agree, I'm now in week 6, there's no mortgage, we're both cash purchasers, and the house we're buying is completely empty and still it goes on! Your biggest wait will be the mortgage, it takes them 3 weeks to get a surveyor in (or so I was told by our mortgage company that we'll be paying off), then another 3 to get it all accepted, let alone everything else. Just don't get your hopes up too high but good luck, it's very exciting isn't it
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Best of luck and I hope it all goes smoothly x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Fingers crossed and best wishes that everything goes to plan. If it does take a little longer than you expect, then it's just a little longer to enjoy the excitement
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >