Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:24 AM

Shaking...?

I wasnt sure whether to put this in health or in behaviour... Behaviour seemed like the best so I put it here but it may need moved.

I was out with my OH today and when we came home we got the usual happy excited greeting from Jake. I sat down and Jake came over and stood with his front legs up on me, and as I was fussing him I noticed he was really shaking. I said to OH and he said it was probably excitement so he called Jake to him. When he felt it, he looked worried and seemed to change his mind about it being excitement. After about 5 minutes it stopped, and he went back to normal.

It really worried me coz I have never seen him doing that before. I know stress can cause dogs to shake but it wasnt a stressful situation... He has also never done that due to excitement...

Any ideas what could cause shaking like that? It was really fast shaking and you could see the shaking, not just feel it... It was probably nothing, but I can be a worrier and like to make sure nothing is up. I know it probably sounds like nothing but it looked really bad to me.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:51 PM
It could be either sheer excitement or something he wasn't used to.

Benjie often shakes for no reason, sometimes when we're in a new place or after he has been caught doing something he shouldn't have been (we think this last one was due to his background).

I'd get him checked over anyway - just to be on the safe side
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Flint shakes sometimes when hes really excited, like getting ready for a walk he judders lol

I think its just really excited behaviour