View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 08:15 AM
My pups are on Burns and we've not had an upset tummy at all. My other dogs are on it too, we get a lot less 'waste' and it's always firm and easy to pick up.

It's amazing how much you have to feed, you wouldn't think it would keep them going, but it does, so don't be tempted to add more.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Pets At Home Puppy and adult food is excellent, its wheat gluten free and sorted out my JRT puppy skin irritation and my other girls runny tummy, now they have both moved onto the adult food and doing equally well.

Bev
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 04:20 PM
We use Burns - isn't too expensive (but not got a lot to compare it with). The breeder had been feeding her Bakers (then noticed she fed the pup she was keeping on IAMS!!!) - I wasn't impressed with it - her skin was very dry when we got her but now there's no probs
bethheartchris
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2006, 08:28 AM
We have decided on Burns and have changed him gradually over this week. He is looking a lot leaner already!! Thanks for all advice and thanks Tracy for the sample much appreciated!!

Beth x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Brilliant news. Have ordered some more so if you are unable to get any at the local pet shop, please give me a shout x
whistle
New Member!
Female 

28-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Hi,

I am new to this but would like to say I have fed my x-breed dog on Burns for about 10 years now he is now 17 years old and still very active. He is still keeping up with my new puppy. My puppy is a Springer Spaniel puppy of 4 months which I am feeding the Burns puppy food. The pup is doing really well. I find it a really good food and although a 15kg bag seems expensive I have asked, and the amounts fed to a 20 kg dog means it will cost about 46 pence per day. This is cheaper than a tin of meat.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by whistle
Hi,

I am new to this but would like to say I have fed my x-breed dog on Burns for about 10 years now he is now 17 years old and still very active. He is still keeping up with my new puppy. My puppy is a Springer Spaniel puppy of 4 months which I am feeding the Burns puppy food. The pup is doing really well. I find it a really good food and although a 15kg bag seems expensive I have asked, and the amounts fed to a 20 kg dog means it will cost about 46 pence per day. This is cheaper than a tin of meat.
Hi, and welcome to Dogweb. I totally agree, the initial cost appears high but when you work out the dailey cost it is so reasonable. My boy loves it and i will continue to use it.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Poppy came to us on Pedigree, but I changed her over to James Wellbeloved over the course of about 10 days. She's now on Arden Grange for her first meal and Butcher's Choice foil trays for her second meal of the day.

I personally prefer her to have a mixture of dry and moist because I found all dry makes her a bit constipated and all moist can occasionally make her quite loose. I've found the mixture is a good balance, but all dogs are different

JWB are good with free samples and I was lucky enough to get a free sample of AG with a dog magazine.
Tan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi
I think the trick is not to overfeed a pup, whatever you're feeding. Some breeders seem to want you to feed all sorts of stuff (porridge, scrambled egg etc etc) along with what's supposed to be a complete puppy food. It's no wonder that some pups grow up fat and then suffer from joint probs - maybe it's a reflection of the way some kids are brought up these days.
We fed our pup on Burns Minibites and were very strict (evil actually !) in not giving her anything else other than the ocassional treat just for being good! She's grown up into a great 2 year old.
bethheartchris
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2006, 07:07 AM
We feed Barney on Burns, His toilet is much improved and unkess he manages too get other food ie bins! he isnt smelly. Although we do give it to him soaked and not dry, and he is always wolfing it down and scavenges madly for other food, like a starving dog. Any one else have this prob? He is fine in his weight etc.
Beth x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >