Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
If you are bringing in this puppy I would strongly advise you to use the food the breeder used for at least 10 days, also take a large container to bring back some of the water the pup is used to. You can then change to your prefered puppy food s-l-o-w-l-y over the following 10 days.

Totally agree Thordell, there are so many things that can unsettle a puppy and usually one is changing their food very quickly it should be introduced over a week, but as Thordell recommended it is important to stick with what the breeder as been using since the puppy was weaned, then you may feel free to use what ever puppy food you prefer
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Trixy
Totally agree Thordell, there are so many things that can unsettle a puppy and usually one is changing their food very quickly it should be introduced over a week, but as Thordell recommended it is important to stick with what the breeder as been using since the puppy was weaned, then you may feel free to use what ever puppy food you prefer
Couldn't agree more,vey important.
Mine really loved 'Nature diet' ,never known a dog to dislike it- a great complete food,although it can become slightly expensive when you have two like me,We also fed James Well Beloved puppy performance (for a bit of variety)I find mine love the 'duck and rice',but obviously the adult version now.
If i couldn't have given mine those,i would have gone with 'burns'.Your dog is very much an individual,like us,and if he looks well and is thriving on a particular food-'stick with it'
bagoratz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by tink
Couldn't agree more,vey important.
Mine really loved 'Nature diet' ,never known a dog to dislike it- a great complete food,although it can become slightly expensive when you have two like me,We also fed James Well Beloved puppy performance (for a bit of variety)I find mine love the 'duck and rice',but obviously the adult version now.
If i couldn't have given mine those,i would have gone with 'burns'.Your dog is very much an individual,like us,and if he looks well and is thriving on a particular food-'stick with it'
Yeah, def Naturediet Puppy or Forthglade Puppy (slowly, as already posted) with some biscuits mixed in for their teeth - JWB dried is def good stuff
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Mind you it has been known that the food you have chosen to be the very best for your puppy will turn out to be a food your puppy would not touch with a barge pole. Then there are those who will only eat one type of food for a few days before deciding that they only want scrambled eggs and tuna and anything else will poison them or that no matter what they had yesterday they want something different.

Pups seem to come in two types those who will not stop eating no matter whether it's food or not and those who seem to survive and grow despite turning their nose up at anything you offer.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks all,his breeder was feeding Beta puppy,so we have him on that at the moment,we are going to change it though but doing it gradually.
Sal
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2