View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Pyo is relatively common but it is usually at least a month after the season, however never take a chance and always see a vet if your bitch is depressed. If it comes to it any depressed dog should see a vet sooner rather than later.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Nero's Rott bitch Smeags isn't even two yet and she had an emergency op done on Mon there due to pyo,xxxxxxxx
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:49 PM
i lost my 2 yr old 6 months ago with pyro she was in season at the time so it doesnt always follow regarding when shes had a season i hope its not and shes just in a season mood like my other bitcheds got
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Have known of a bitch of 5 months have pyo and she had not had her first season, it can happen at anytime and at any age.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok thanks guys,

Her temp is normal,would it be raised if she had pyo?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Ok thanks guys,

Her temp is normal,would it be raised if she had pyo?
I don't think Smeags's temp went up.Just another wee thing Sal remember you get closed pyo where theres no discharge too,xxxxxxxx
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Pyometra, an infection (as in very serious infection) of the uterus. (thats why spaying prevents it). Being very thirsty and tender tummies are symptoms. If you don't call the vet immy ( I wouldnt, because excessive thirst, lower abdomen pain and specially the bad smell are "reliable" indicators) monitor her temperature.

All that said: If you do have reason to suspect Pyometra. Don't hesitate. Call vet immy! Better safe than sorry. The next stage will be a rupture of the uterus and and a critical infection in the lower abdominal cavity. That condition is often terminal.

Nav
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Have no advice to offer just that I hope she is ok, poor girl xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Right,This is going to sound yuk,
I have just wiped her button with toilet paper and she has a brownish red,thicky mucus discharge......

I think I am now fearing the worst,I have such a sick feeling she has either has an infection or open pyo.

I have spoken to our vet who seems to think the same and because she has a discharge he will see her first thing tomorrow but if she detorates tonight to ring him and take her to the surgery.

My poor baby
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Just caught this - have fingers and paws crossed here for Meg! do let us know how she gets on at the vets tomorrow and if you feel that you need to get her seen tonight then do x x x
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »