Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Mothers Day

Who's a mum and is hoping for a nice day on Sunday, or are you doing something nice for your mum?

As I still live at home with my mum and sister, my sister and I have been plotting and although we are keeping the house up during the week anyway, we're going to go around and really make it shine on Saturday evening.
Then Sunday morning, we're making a continental breakfast to take to her in bed,
my sister's a hair dresser so is going to give mum a head massage and do her hair,
then we're going to run her a bath with the special bubbly bath I've bought and the scented candles
and we're cooking dinner for her on Sunday evening.

I've also bought a card which I think is GENIUS! 'Mothers are wonderful, especially when they raise fantastic children... You're wonderful.'
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, i'm a mum but as Mia is only 6 i'm not expecting too much, although she did make me a card at school today

Sunday will be a normal Sunday for me.

My mum is away so, no spoiling her this year. Normally the whole family would visit and allow her to cook dinner for us all

Hmmmmm maybe thats why shes gone away this year
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm a mum and I'm so pleased with that everyday that I don't really go in for the whole mother's day thing. I love it when my son draws me a picture, just because he wants to, or does something nice for me, just because he wanta to, I don't want him feeling he has to because of adverts etc.
The other week he was sticking glow in the dark stars up in his room and called me upstairs, he had stuck a note on my bedroom dorr that said 'my mum is a ' and below it he had stuck a star. That meant so much as it was spontaneous.

So..I have no doubt I'll get a card etc, but I don't really want one as I would rather he did it because he wanted to. My mum will get a card and dinner and a gift,which is fine as she likes mother's day and expects you know...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I haven't had a mum since I was 14, and I really don't need anything from my sons to know that they appreciate me. So it's not a day I take any notice of at all. For me it's no different to Valentines which I also choose to ignore. So although I'm sure they'll buy the card etc. I'm with Ailsa in that it's no big deal They're big hunky blokes now so they come in handy for wheel changing etc.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Can I swap you and your sister for my lot. You sound wonderful and i could do with a bit of pampering
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Can I swap you and your sister for my lot. You sound wonderful and i could do with a bit of pampering
Hmm... not so sure mum would be impressed! She's only just got us trained!!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I am wondering what surprises I am going to have I'm quite excited that I get a day of rest for once
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I got a lovely card and some daffodils from my son which he made in school, lovely of the school to get all the mum some flowers too from their children.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Well mum and I went shopping today so I treated her to lunch and she has her card now too. When we shopped for our new suite, mum saw a chair she liked that was marked down from £350 to £50 so bought her and dad that as a combined mothers/fathers day pressie. #
No kids of my own other than the little furry one who I'm sure will wake me at the crack of dawn with big wags and licks
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 07:47 PM
going to seeMIL in the morning, and my daughter is coming over about 1 ish. shes going to cook dinner for us, (ill probally help) she said that she hasnt bought me anything, but im happy with a hug from her.and just to see her
i lost my mum 18 yrs ago. and my step mum 10 yrs ago. so a bit of a bittersweet day for me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >