Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Jersey care home scandal

Over the last few years, when you hear of things that happen or make the news I was of the opinion that nothing would shock me, but with whats going on at the former childrens home in Jersey has proved me wrong.

I hope when all this is over, though I dont think it ever will be for the victims there are still some alive and are brought to justice. It makes my blood run cold when thinking what these kids have gone through in the past, more so when the place they were in should have been a place of safety and stability.
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:34 AM
its like a horror film heard last ight they have found shackels and a bath dear god what kind of people do this to children it dosnt bear thinking about..
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:47 AM
link???

never heard about it .....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
link???

never heard about it .....
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...306592,00.html

That is when it firs broke, if you go to the main sky news or bbc news pages there is a load more stories covering it.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:54 AM
look at the bbc news uk page Suze. main news item for a while now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 12:10 PM
It's a horrible horrible thing to happen.
There are still people alive now who are coming forward with evidence and telling the police where to dig.
Do you think they were really too frightened to come forward before?
Here is a link to the story on BBC Jersey;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/eur...ey/7270405.stm
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 12:13 PM
make my blood boil to think those chicldren were put into trusted care and then this is unfolded

words fail me
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

I do think some would have been scared to come forward, I think there will be some who are of the opinion "if I dont say anything it didnt happen" and some who kept quiet as they maybe involved.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

It's absolutely horrifying. I was in tears when they interviewed a man who had been there and he was crying even though it had happened 40 or more years previously.
The discovery in the cellar of the shackles and everything just beggars belief. I hope with the discovery of all this will help all those who have suffered start to come to terms with it and I hope that those responsible are at the least named and shamed and those still alive are brought to justice.
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It's absolutely horrifying. I was in tears when they interviewed a man who had been there and he was crying even though it had happened 40 or more years previously.
The discovery in the cellar of the shackles and everything just beggars belief. I hope with the discovery of all this will help all those who have suffered start to come to terms with it and I hope that those responsible are at the least named and shamed and those still alive are brought to justice.
Becky
Well said, I also found it odd that these rooms did not appear on the plans for the building, there maybe a innocent reason for that but with everything else that has gone on it does make you wonder.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >