Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi from the Twilight Zone

Good afternoon, all! Hi from a very wet Twilight Zone, where the TZBCs have decided that it is preferable to stay in their warm, comfy beds than to go outside and tear up the lawn. On the whole, I approve of this plan, as it means less mud flying across the room and the place stays warmer. It is also much nicer to put a hand down to encounter warm, dry dog fur than it is to find a handful of wet yuk!

The sun may be out, but the flowerbeds are under an inch of water - just shiny sheets with the beginnings of daffodils sticking up (these ones are slow this year ).

Mrs S is engrossed in afternoon TV, which doesn't interest me, so I've got my personal CD player on (Rory Gallagher again!).

District Nurse was in again today, re-dressing my right leg, which is bl@@dy sore, but apparently looking "a wee bit better". No swab results yet, though

I may not be here tomorrow, though - it will be Friday, a Day Centre day, if the weather permits. The online forecast from the BBC doesn't look all that good, however.
It's worse when the weather gets windy, as seawater gets thrown up over the Churchill Barriers, which lie between Snorri Mansions and Kirkwall (I've seen the water go up 40' over the road level before now, and cars get totalled there on a regular basis!). However, if they get like that, the minibus just won't come, and the decision will be out of my hands

(This is one of the Barriers on a quiet day: we are crossing it in our old car - Nissan Primera)

Snorri
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Snori

I know what you mean about wet border collie - Hoki (and Kip previously) always took forever to dry out. Wee Stumpy's coat isn't nearly so thick so she dries out much quicker.

Fingers crossed for you that the weather isn't too bad tomorrow. The forecast for Friday/Saturday seems to be improving as the week goes on, so hopefully by tomorrow it'll actually be glorious sunshine (we can but dream)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Just after washing the kiychen floor this morning Mo decided she wanted a wee. I then found little muddy paw marks all across the floor. Just as well she only has small feet
Our weather hasn't been as bad as yours thankfully.
Sorry your leg is still so sore, but glad it is a wee bit better at least.
I hope you are able to get out tomorrow, if not we will be here for a gossip
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Hello chicken
Nice to hear a bit of good news about your leg. Hope it conitnues to improve a wee bit each time......
As for the weather, it's beautiful down here
Take care hon x0x