Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Eh???? The shoulder is old news LUcky, it's my knee I've done in now!!! Lol!!!! You see, you just never know where you are with my lifestyle and injuries!!!! Thanks Lucky, at least you cheered me up!!!
So it is! I'm all confused!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:40 PM
let me know how she gets on Helen if i'm not about please ring me am not working today
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Funny,a lot of people say that to me!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
let me know how she gets on Helen if i'm not about please ring me am not working today
Thanks Lise, I might just do that later, coz I'm wondering if you can help me out as to where I could ring to get some home help in on the NHS though, I've already got plenty of private ones recommended to me. At the moment, I'm waiting on a call from a doctor in her ward, so I don't want to use the phone until she's rung me. Thanks Lise, much appreciated!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 01:18 PM
some home help in on the NHS

do you mean for nursing Home fee's ?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:53 PM
No LIse, I mean, who do I get in touch with regarding getting in a home help on the NHS IF and only IF the hospital doesn't arrange it for me?? I just spoke to the consultant's secretary and she said the staff nurse at the hospital will be arranging all of Mum's aftercare at home, so let's just hope that is the case. Obviously I want her to be at home, I don't want her to go into a nursing home if we are able to cope here with getting people in to help us out. One of the reasons being, I don't want her put in a room on her own away from other people even though she would get the care she needs. Far better that she stays here with her family for as long as is humanly possible, and apart from that, she's spent a lot of money here getting the place comfortable for herself upstairs, the garden so she can sit out there and enjoy it all day long in the summer too, so a nursing home is really out of the question at the moment. There will come a time of course when we just won't be able to cope, but I hope that's a long, long way down the line. All I need now, when I get her home, will be daily nursing care to get her out of bed, washed and dressed, coz quite honestly, I'm no nurse and I don't want to be manouvreing her the wrong way when she's got back problems and a fractured hip, I need a proper nurse to come in and do that.

A friend of mine had a day care nurse coming in to her mother 3 times a day every time she was discharged from the hospital, so hopefully we will get the same if not less, once would be a bonus!

Still waiting on that doctor's phone call though Thanks again Lise. xxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:01 PM
In our home no one goes in there room unless they like it in there and insist and they can go in the garden whenever they want we have to most beautiful gardens its not like a hospital its like a big house where they do what they want when they want with specially trained staff

The hospital will provide some help but some you will have to pay for as she has assets ( sad i know) district nurse care will come under the NHS I think community care is charged to those with a few pennies ( I know you have to means test to get anything for free )

you got my number if you need it
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:01 PM
awww your poor mum I suffer with Vertigo too, I have just recovered from my 5 th attack in 5 years . It is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. As you say its very worrying because you do wonder if you have a Tumour or something more serious because you feel sooo ill.

Hope your mums day is not too stressful and she manages to get in nice and early.

Hugs to you , Georgie (of course) and your mum xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
In our home no one goes in there room unless they like it in there and insist and they can go in the garden whenever they want we have to most beautiful gardens its not like a hospital its like a big house where they do what they want when they want with specially trained staff
The hospital will provide some help but some you will have to pay for as she has assets ( sad i know) district nurse care will come under the NHS I think community care is charged to those with a few pennies ( I know you have to means test to get anything for free )

you got my number if you need it
Yes I know Lise, but I know she wants to be back home here with us, and I'm sure most people in nursing homes would rather be taken care of by their own family if that was possible. She's got all her home comforts upstairs, including her own bathroom, a proper stairlift to come downstairs on as and when she wants (but I'll have to get her on it now of course!)and me to chat to all day long - who could want more!!!! When the nice weather comes, she'll be out in that garden all day long with me doing the gardening and Georgie lying at her feet chewing a bone! She often talks about it, and she was always telling me how very happy she was here, in fact, she said she's never been so happy in her entire life, nor has she ever been looked after so well in her entire life, she said she thinks she's already died and gone to heaven, so who would want to put her in a stranger's house, not me, if I have the choice. I know we'll cope, she's improving day by day, walking further and further with that zimmer, and so much brighter in herself, although still in a lot of pain, but that's only controlled by pills, and pills I have always given her anyway, so I just carry on with the different ones. Horses for courses isn't it. Personally, I'd love it, especially at the moment!!! Thanks again Lise.xxx

I just spoke to the staff nurse. Mum is very tired after being moved about for the scan. There is no news from the doctors yet, but she said she will phone me as soon as she knows any. I asked her to say hello to Mum for me and I will be along as usual tomorrow. She couldn't believe how many miles I travel every day to see her either!!! She said most people only come once a week if at all!!! I won't feel guilty now asking Mum if I can come every other day coz it's getting a bit too much for me in that horrendous traffic jam all the way there and back! I bet she missed me at 3 pm today though!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
awww your poor mum I suffer with Vertigo too, I have just recovered from my 5 th attack in 5 years . It is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. As you say its very worrying because you do wonder if you have a Tumour or something more serious because you feel sooo ill.

Hope your mums day is not too stressful and she manages to get in nice and early.

Hugs to you , Georgie (of course) and your mum xx
Thanks Mel It's surprising how many people suffer with this and yet I'd never even heard of it until I got it! Poor you, I know what you went through. Just a thought, if ever you need to send Zeita somewhere until you get over a bout of it, you know where to send her don't you??? I would gladly come and collect and reluctantly bring her back!!!! xxx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >