Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 07:59 AM

Sunny Sarurday 26th February 2022

Good News for you Chris and long may it last. I wish everyone good news today. Sunny here and up with the seagulls not the lark. bg!! Have a good day all. Hopefully pc guy coming today at some point. Not sure what time. OOPS That should have said Saturday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 08:58 AM
Morning Brenda
I am off to meet Steve briefly after work, very annoyed as I ordered him a new t-shirt, I pay for a yearly next day delivery and so said t-shirt should be here today..nope, just says processing. I will take the rest of his presents etc today and then possibly see him Monday or Tuesday to give him his t-shirt. I am also taking the bottles of lemonade, vodka and lime to save me struggling with them when I go and see him next week
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Good morning Brenda, Kelly and all who follow

Good news indeed for your Chris. Hopefully the cataract op will be soon.

Have a good day Brenda and Kelly

Do hope you are okay Moyra.

Lovely here too. Lasagna made for lunch, Teazle walked and all windows outside cleaned. Having a rest before the hoards decentd for the afternoon evening

Hope all are well. Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Well I don't have good news. My pc guy couldn't do my computer as it is to old. Hey ho the only good thing is he didn't charge me. So, the sun is shining and I just have to get on with using my tablet for some things and pc for other things. Have a good day peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2022, 02:36 PM
Good afternoon everyone.
Been sunny here for the last few days and two days running had washing on the line and then finished off in the airing cupboard.

Glad to read things are going well'ish regards health for everyone. Steroids do cause bruising and thin the skin we had these issues with mum when alive and many years of steroid use.
Me not on steroids but have always bruised easily.

We had our face to face with Katherine last week, (Sunday). Came away feeling a bit better than I did and do not have that awful guilt feeling.
Missing him dreadfully though.
Katherine admitted she never received the Friday afternoon phone call, emails after that Monday just received and by the time she got the message from Claire head vet and partner it was all to late for Katherine to see us anyway.
Without saying it she kind of admitted they had failed and let us down due to the new staff front of house who her OH (Simon) commercial director has trained to be Katherine's defense team.
There are only a couple of the oldies left and if you don't get one of them the newbies do not check records or understand the longstanding relationship we had.
Still some what if's some days like if I had messaged Simon to ask to see Katherine, if I had gone to that 10.20 appointment on the Monday instead of cancelling and making that final appointment would things of been different ?
She did pull up his records and said she would not of waited the day in October to of made another appointment for a blood test she would of done it the same day due to the increase in weight loss.
Also the high calcium in his blood showed he had underlying issues and she thinks his kidneys were failing and also the urinalysis test that came back very dilute also indicated that.
I did say jess suggested imaging due to the high calcium levels but normal range red and white cells as it could of indicated a tumour but we all agreed if we had done that the outcome would of been the same. She said if she had seen him in October she would of been counselling us already but no explanation as to why we somehow dropped off her list although I think that is fairly self explanatory.
She looks so ill and I think as a practice they are struggling and I know Elaine said they are taking on no new patients now even though they have 30 vets working the two practices.
If/when we go down the new dog route we would not go back to far plus we do feel let down and feel they have outgrown the idea of why we joined in the first place.
It was a very amicable conversation for almost an hour and worth the visit for my peace of my mind.

Boo the little Beagle enjoys coming 3 days a week and we have offered to have a 5 year old Bernese for two weeks in August as the people who home board have now retired.
Also we fly to Madrid on 28th April Michaels Birthday and fly back on 3rd May.
So exciting things happening.

Keep safe and well everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 03:40 PM
Lovely to hear from you Lynn. Yep it takes time. Tyto left me in body three and a half years ago but is still with me in spirit. Good that you have company still. Off to sit in the lovely sun coming through the window. Have a good time away when you go.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Hi brenda and thank you.
Hope you enjoyed the sun.

3.5 years ago doesn't seem that long. Xxx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 05:03 PM
Lynn I still have crying moments whenever I see a memorable photo of any of the dogs that I have had, they were all special but Tyto was different in some way. I suppose because he was a link to my daughter. Ah well Hetty is on. Have a good evening.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2022, 10:34 PM
Lynn, I don't believe for one second that you and Gorden could have tried any harder for Dillon, he was blessed to have a skin mum and dad like you. Sadly, I think that the effects of lockdown pet buying has caught up with many practices...I know mine aren't taking on new clients and customers tbf, I am not that Happy with what I have witnessed with some of the new vet's...my vet is the owner, he is a mate and he knows if I see one of his employees and something is off....well, he will be informed and I won't be that polite...but I am blessed that he is a very old friend....I have had occasion to doubt the reception staff and they have tried to fob me off but I give my message and name and if I don't hear back...I snitch on the staff. Like you I had the experience of not being able to deal with my vet and it was a very unpleasant experience that will always haunt me.
Sorry about the pc Brenda...never had one, always had a laptop but I don't use that now...I just use my phone and it does everything I need.
I have been watching the news with regards the Ukraine, fair play to their president, he had the option of evacuation but he declined... I really hope that karma bites Putin and hard! Hoping that people stay safe in the Ukraine and I for one am right behind you... whatever the consequences
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 12:11 AM
Evening all. Just a same old same old today, but boy was I tired. Slept a couple of hours this afternoon. Not slept well the last two days so I'm guessing it's caught up with me now.

Kelly, we don't know yet if Dave is getting better on the new tablets. They are certainly a lot easier on his stomach, but he's going to give them a couple more days before testing his blood again to see what the levels are.

I'm with you on Ukraine. Their President is showing true leadership and has donned military gear and is out with the troops fighting to keep their country. I don't know of any other world leader who would do that. I also don't know of any other people who love their country so much if the news reports are anywhere near accurate. We could all learn from them