Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 11:23 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 29th January, 2022

Good morning all. Hope you are all ok. Take care and stay safe, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Very blowy and chilly here today, waiting on Freya to arrive later for the weekend.
Poor Lauren is feeling a little nervous last time she left her with her mum they were out nearby and went back to Sue's to sleep so Freya was there when Lauren got up next day.
Tonight they are out and won't be coming back here and not collecting her till sometime tomorrow.
She said nothing against us she knows she will be loved and well looked after but it's the first time she will of been away from her for this long.
I told her I understand and I knew she would be feeling that nervous.
I am sure when out with Mark and friends she will feel a little less worried and hopefully enjoy herself we will keep her updated with pictures.

How are the eyes Moyra ?
griff hope you test negative today.
Sue hoping it's a restful weekend for you.
Chris hoping Gary hasn't thought of anymore stories to tell people about you.
Kazz hope you and Gert have a good weekend.

Stay safe everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you test negative today Kelly

I know you will both look after Freya but first time away for the night is a worry to mum. Just hope Lauren enjoys her evening.

Lovely morning here after a dull damp start. Have been out in the garden again and now the bin is full so no more until next week once it has been emptied.. About 3/4 of the way round so not much more to do. It is mainly leaves and just a few bushes that need tidying so not too hard.

Hope all are well. Take care
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Good afternoon all. Blow. blow, blow this morning, but mild with it

Gary always has tales to tell Lynn. When he was boarding at Court Grange near Torquay (a rehabilitation college where they prepare them for independent living), three of them shaved their heads - totally. They thought it an excellent joke the next time they went out, to tell the whole pub that it was punishment from the staff. You can imagine the uproar and complaints that flew in for that one. Gary and the other two thought it hilarious. The deaf have a strange sense of humour

Leaving your first born for the first time overnight is scary. After that first time though, it tends to be a relief to get out and feel human again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Yes Sue totally understand her being anxious. I knew how she would be feeling Freya is so precious to her well Mark to but especially Lauren.
Chris that is a funny but very naughty story.
Nice to be going out but she will be worrying understandably. Both phones charged to keep them updated and photos.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 05:29 PM
Evening all
Ahhh have a lovely time with Freya Lynn. I imagine Lauren won't enjoy this evening but the next time she will enjoy it much more.
Chris, Gary sounds an absolute scream!! That's brilliant about the hair ....omg sheer genius!
Sue, bins are a sore subject here lol bin drivers being greedy going on strike so basically most of the city has had one collection since before Christmas!
Well, I am still positive and not sure what's going on, when I tested positive on an lft it was a faint line, the PCR confirmed, I have done 3 lateral flow tests since Thursday and Thursday and Friday the line was barely visible.....now it's as solid as the control line....I don't know what the hell is going on but I can see me staying in this room a lot longer.
The alcohol didn't work then lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Scream is about right Kelly. His antics have me screeming regularly as well as tearing my hair out We have many, many stories like these that, in hindsight, make us laugh, at the time, not so much
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 09:20 PM
I bet you lie in bed and the morning and ask yourself what he will get up to today
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2022, 11:30 PM
I cringe when the 'phone rings and even when he calls me himself.

There's never a dull moment

The deaf girl gets her key on Monday and should be moving in sometime next week. I can't wait <sigh>
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Ohhhhh dear Chris