Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 08:32 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 8th January, 2022

Good morning everyone, hope you are all in fine fettle. It looks a bit grey out there at the moment but hopefully will brighten up later for a better day. Have a good day everyone and stay safe and well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 08:55 AM
Morning Moyra
Last day of walking Molly today, will be funny not having to plan my life around having to drag myself all the way to Steve's, not sure what he is going to do if he gets a job at the lab... it's 6pm-6am and he said he would have to look at getting a dog walker,.....me personally, I would check I could get a dog walker first but that's me.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 09:11 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kelly and all who follow

Hope everything works out well for Steve

wet here and looks like it is in for the day. My plans for this afternoon are to help Ben put up his kitchen blinds and assemble a cupboard for the bathroom. It will be nice not living in a goldfish bowl once the blinds are in place.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 09:54 AM
Good morning all##

Wet cold and miserable here scattered with rain showers. Lovely breakfast here scrambled eggs on toast wander round the block and back now going to set either the little bedroom or the breakfast kitchen up as an office for when working from home either room will take only a little bit of change.

Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 11:45 AM
Good afternoon all.

Chucking it down here all morning and freezing. A very short walk because we were all cold, wet and miserable, but got out breakfast while out.

Bumped into Emma. A middle aged lady who is waiting for a flat where Gary lives. Bless her, she has recovered from a brain tumour, but not without ill effects. She is now partially hearing and has a fair section of her skull missing. She has had a couple of mild heart attacks and they're not too sure if the got all the tumour out so she has to keep going for MRIs to check.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2022, 11:50 AM
Morning Moyra, griff, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Wet miserable day here to.
We collected Dillon's ashes yesterday it was as bad as that Monday.
We will at some point have a suncatcher made with his, Ollie's and Max's ashes in scatter him in our two big pots with the other two and also scatter him over the local parks where we scattered Max and Ollie about 2 years ago maybe a bit longer.
We will also take some ashes back to the fields and woods of fennels where Max and ollie lived their lives and where Dillon spent the first two years of his life.

griff hope everything works out I am missing the routine. I'm guessing being Molly's walker would be to much for you especially with your own two to care for.
Sue good luck with the blinds.
Kazz sounds like a plan.
Moyra hope your feeling as well as can be expected.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 02:59 PM
Chris, I hope the lady gets her flat....she deserves somewhere nice if she is struggling health-wise
Awwww Lynn.....hugs to you both.
I don't drive so the hours of the night shift make it impossible....I only have 2 buses an hour here, likewise Steve so if I miss the connection, another 30 minutes hanging around. Taxis are £20 each way, times that by 4.....not really affordable, will have to see if one of the neighbours will take her out or get a dog walker....if they do evenings
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Chris, I hope the lady gets her flat....she deserves somewhere nice if she is struggling health-wise
Awwww Lynn.....hugs to you both.
I don't drive so the hours of the night shift make it impossible....I only have 2 buses an hour here, likewise Steve so if I miss the connection, another 30 minutes hanging around. Taxis are £20 each way, times that by 4.....not really affordable, will have to see if one of the neighbours will take her out or get a dog walker....if they do evenings
Just a thought have you considered staying at Steve's maybe a couple of nights while he is at work?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, griff, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Wet miserable day here to.
We collected Dillon's ashes yesterday it was as bad as that Monday.
We will at some point have a suncatcher made with his, Ollie's and Max's ashes in scatter him in our two big pots with the other two and also scatter him over the local parks where we scattered Max and Ollie about 2 years ago maybe a bit longer.
We will also take some ashes back to the fields and woods of fennels where Max and ollie lived their lives and where Dillon spent the first two years of his life.

griff hope everything works out I am missing the routine. I'm guessing being Molly's walker would be to much for you especially with your own two to care for.
Sue good luck with the blinds.
Kazz sounds like a plan.
Moyra hope your feeling as well as can be expected.

Stay safe everyone.
*Hugs* *Hugs* *Hugs*
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2022, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Chucking it down here all morning and freezing. A very short walk because we were all cold, wet and miserable, but got out breakfast while out.

Bumped into Emma. A middle aged lady who is waiting for a flat where Gary lives. Bless her, she has recovered from a brain tumour, but not without ill effects. She is now partially hearing and has a fair section of her skull missing. She has had a couple of mild heart attacks and they're not too sure if the got all the tumour out so she has to keep going for MRIs to check.

Your weather could be mine so SNAP only downside I had to cook my own breakfast.

What a shame for the lady but brings it home how fast your life and health can change, hope she gets a place that suits her.

How are your eyes/headaches getting on any improvement?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >