Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 09:03 AM

Silent Sunday 2nd January 2022

Well it is here. everyday is quiet so not just Sunday. Would like a little bit of noise so that I don't think I am the only one on this planet. Have a good day everyone. Sun is coming out so maybe a walk down the beach just for a change.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 10:25 AM
Good Moring all

Out and about yesterday went somewhere different for a walk with Gert really enjoyed it so much so thinking of renewing my National Trust membership;

Brenda I am with you here its so quiet this morning I may just open the door to check the World has not disappeared. LOL Enjoy your walk

Griff Oh dear sorry your first day of the year has started roughly - not a lot of islands about but lots of people needing them I think.

Sue You sound as if you are really enjoying having your granddaughter here wait till the others arrive.......happy chaos

Chris Having a better day today I hope, any plans for the coming week?

Lynn How is your grandson getting on, still working at the same place and enjoying it?

Moyra Hope all is good with you.

Washing on the line here and its blowing YEAH. Start the training for my new job his week and looking forward to it.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 10:38 AM
Good morning Brenda, Kazz and all who follow

Enjooy your walk Brenda and yes it is ice to find somewhere different to walk Kazz

Hope you feel better today Kelly and you too Chris.

It is very quiet here too. Only met 2 people whilst out with Teazle and nothing happening around me either. Have taken the lights down outside before it rains and I have to wait for them to dry before putting away. Might take the rest of the decorations down tomorrow.

Hope all are well. Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 12:06 PM
The fella whose family I stepped in to help last night just came round with a box of chocolates....I told him he didn't need to but he said they really appreciated it as most people would have just shut their window and ignored what was happening. I think he is lucky that I don't have a fear of getting a kicking and will face anyone.....big black guy with mental health issues and a hammer is nothing lol
I have decided that I am continuing with my stance at the end of the year...I am done being polite and feeling sorry for people, I am going to treat people exactly the way they treat me! I am quite liking the results so far and it's much more how I used to be when I was in my late teens
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Good afternoon all. A beautiful sunny morning here which has brought out the visitors and the ones that only take their dogs out on high days and holidays.

Silent? No way. The wannabe boy racers with their backfiring cars are also out in force.

Back home now to some peace and quiet

Plans for the week? A quiet one I hope with no appointments booked so far although Gary has just told me that he's chipped his crown
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2022, 04:11 PM
Afternoon everyone, been a reasonable day weather wise last couple of days.We have done 2 days walking locally and managed 3 miles yesterday and today.
Not getting any easier we are finding now Christmas is over there is nothing to distract us from missing Dillon and we are both feeling pretty low.
first day we have stayed in today and took decs down in the cabin and in the bungalow, outside lights probably coming down tomorrow but we will be popping out. Gorden is back working Tuesday it will be hard for him not having Dillon there with him, he use to wait patiently for Gorden to make his coffee then say you coming to work, then the ritual ear rub and he would settle in there for the best part of the day.

griff haven't read the news but hope all is ok.
Chris I don't envy you the boy racers.
Sue we didn't quite manage to get our outside lights down it rained.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 04:42 PM
Another one in the did not manage to get outside lights down its pouring down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 06:17 PM
Awwww Lynn, breaking old habits when a dog passes is really hard.
I hadn't said what had gone on, loads of shouting outside at gone 10pm and obviously you know my situation so I thought it was something to do with the owners/ family....turns out a child with special needs had been screaming a bit as his parents were putting him in the car, one of the residents from the flats came out swearing at full volume....hammer In hand, mental health issues and an absolutely massive guy who uses his size to intimidate, basically, he terrified the poor child and his brother to the point of the elder one running away back to his grandparents house!! I heard the commotion outside, opened my window and ended up being his next target lol.....I ended up outside in a pair of socks and a towel lol. I don't think he actually expected me to go out and confront him but I don't have a fear of dying or having a kicking so I did it. The family were do very very grateful that I hadn't just hidden indoors the same as others did
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2022, 07:50 PM
Kazz Joel has a new job for now, agency work in a warehouse.
griff well done I am not surprised the family were grateful.

Too much room on the sofa and the floor, no head popping up when in the garden and him not being in the cabin.
The whole essence of his being gone.
I know we will move on eventually but for me in particular I am not sure I will or that's how I feel.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2022, 07:57 PM
Lynn it is very hard and writing this brings it all back but you will in time be able to get through the days and weeks and months. The tears will fall but sometimes happy tears remembering. He will always be with you. Take care xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >