Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 07:57 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 12th June

Good morning

Overcast but very warm. Teazle walked and veg prepped for lunch.

Managed to pick the keys up from the agent before they closed yesterday and then went straight to the house. My it does need a good clean. Fortunately Ben is planning on renovation the kitchen (well moving it from one room too to another) and replacing all the downstairs floors so are not too worried. The rest of the house needs a good clean and some painting other than we can't do the stair wells we can do the rest. Had a walk round the area too and found that the children's play area is about a minutes walk from the house through a lovely wooded pathway. It is well maintained as well as a large grass area to run around on. It was lovely and quiet too.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 09:04 AM
Well done Sue!!! Shame about the Cleaning but hopefully it will scrub up o.k. Steve's next door neighbour moved from one side of the close to his, apparently the lady who swapped with her said the kitchen was thick with grease and when the got the cooker out to replace it, they found a dead snake underneath it!!!
Off to meet Steve later and drop off his new shorts and polo t-shirts, it's boiling in the cab with no air con so I told him to ditch the shirt and wear a t-shirt, if they say anything, he will just tell them to look at his record and if needs be, we will get his Dr to confirm that high blood pressure and heat is not a good mix
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 09:52 AM
Morning all.

Similar to above overcast but think it will get hot. Dog walked. Washing on the line and throwing the sofa covers in to I think tomorrow. After much debate with myself brought new wallpaper walked into the house and thought I do not like this VERY weird ever done that before. Odd.

My neice and her fiance have put their flat up for sale brought it in June 2020 (finally) got in July put up Tuesday and have a viewing already and another two today. Planning on buying a house and getting it gutted like Sophie said she has got the bug herself now. The flat downstairs was sold in a week. So another person stepping into solicitor land. Dah dah dah (scary music.....)lol

Sue brilliant news about the house. Any idea when his family will be able to come over? how is the covid situation over there at the moment hope all is well.

Lynn Almost back to normality f you get the shade up or hubby then, a step forward. Hope all is good for you.

Brenda Plans for today? walk on the beach? reading, climbing mount Everest. LOL ...I will stick to the reading bit today

Chris Hope all is good for you? how is your daughter getting on and hope your new neighbours are settling in well.

Griff Your street could be on a daytime tv show. Have a good day

Moyra Have a good weekend any more thoughts on moving? and how is Steve getting on back at work now I suspect.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Kazz, my mum made my dad redecorate the bathroom 3 times in a month.....and got rid of a 3 piece suite after 2 weeks.
Yes, you are right...I said to my nice neighbour that there's something very very wrong with that house and she said she's hoping for someone pleasant and quiet, we can only hope.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 11:43 AM
Police have arrived next door....I have no idea what goes on in that place!! I honestly think it either needs exorcising or knocking down, it's just drama drama drama. She was banging around until about 1 am this morning, I have no clue if it is because the newborn at the end was crying or she was just in a Mardy.....what a waste of resources, an unneeded ambulance and probably once again an unnecessary police visit
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 12:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely and cool this morning. The sun is out in full force now though so it will be warming up.

My daughter, Karen, is still waiting for the MRI appointment and is still suffering. My youngest, John, is slowly improving on the ribs front, but his feet swelled double a couple of days ago. He's had them elevated ever since and they are slowly going down.

There's nothing worse than bad neighbours. They really do unsettle you.

Hopefully, Ben will get the place just how he wants it and his family will be able to move in soon.

Rosie had her clip yesterday and looks so much better for it, but I'm still sure she'd rather be a scruff
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Chris, not sure if it's possible with your daughter's hospital but I often call and offer to accept a short notice cancellation... depending who you get on the phone, they sometimes squeeze you in. Ouch, your poor son, hope the feet go down and don't come back up
Daughter got bought back by the police and now the door slamming has started, I have just gone nuts... little tw*t really will need an ambulance
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 02:29 PM
She's already done that Kelly.

She has her own business doing nails, tans, hair extensions etc, but can't work because of her back so she's really trying to get that appointment. The doctor has told her not to start work as it could aggravate it. It's a good thing her husband is working and they can manage on one wage
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 02:58 PM
I think if I recall it was about £500 to go private.....is that a possibility??
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2021, 04:26 PM
Yet another ambulance...this time they didn't humour her....that didn't go down well, resulted in much flouncing across the road to her mums car, the ambulance crew left and she was driven off by her mum. I have all the patience in the world for people with mental health issues....heck I have dealt with Steve for 5 years, I do object to people threatening suicide for attention seeking, having lost 2 friends to suicide I hate to see people wasting resources and belittling genuine mental health problems.
My nice neighbour messaged me and said she could hear the door slamming and was asking me what is going on?? I honestly couldn't give her an answer and could only tell her the noise was bad all through the night
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >