Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 06:58 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 16th June, 2019

Good morning all, seems bright enough out there this morning. I hope you and yours are all in fine fettle. Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well.
God Bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone.
Very black clouds here but the sun does peek out now and then.
I probably sound very ungrateful and selfish but Im hoping for a quiet day on my own today. A constant stream of well wishers can become a bit wearing after a while!
It would be nice to do some gardening but I think that is wishful thinking. x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Morning Moyra, Jenny and all to follow.
Weather a bit hit an miss here today. Cloudy then sunny.

Jenny nothing wrong or selfish wanting a day on your own with your thoughts.
griff good news about dads car you seem to found the problem.

I am over to Essex later today to pick Joel up. Mark is working till 4 Lauren is in Herts visiting her dad it being Fathers day. So Joel got in touch to ask if one of us could get him Mark had planned to after work but is grateful we stepped in as he is in work early tomorrow and not feeling great.
Michael is doing a triathlon today not for charity more for himself to see if he can finish. It is 30 degrees in Madrid he was saying yesterday and like a desert so it is going to be hard work. Running, cycling and swimming at one point he will be in the mountains possibly for the running and cycling I would imagine.
Hope he doesn't make himself ill.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Jenny, Lynn and all who follow

sorry your news was not good Harvey but good vibes are winging your way. Please pop in when you feel able as we do miss you.

As Lynn said nothing wrong infant some time to yourself just to relax and do what you wish.

Safe journey to pick Joel up and best wishes to Michael and his triathlon. Eldest son did say something abut doing something in the Scilly Isles swimming between islands and running across the island to the next swim start but not until 2021 I think to give him time to train.

Good you have found the problem with dad's car Griff but typical man doesn't like to be told the problem by a woman

Was lovely and sunny early this morning whilst out with RTeazle but has now just started to rain. Have painted three doors outside on the landing so now only two to go so should be finished by tomorrow The a short rest and will start on removing the paper on the bottom of the wall in one off the bedrooms and repaper and paint. I have no other plans then for decorating for some time.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Jenny - Hope the results of your DiL's CT scan are good am sending good vibes to you and her.

Sue - Thanks for your thoughts too.

Bruno had one of his 'naughty' hours last night after his dinner he went into the bedroom and dragged my duvet along the hall and out the front door

It always seems to be in the evening just after he has his dinner. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this is the time they like to get up to mischief

Have made a note to keep the bedroom door shut in future
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Afternoon all
Nippy, I don't think you are being selfish, I guess when you have had someone in your life for so long, after they pass family and friends worry that you won't want to be alone so try to fill your day for you. Could you maybe say set an afternoon a week where it could be just you?
Lol Harvey, I know I shouldn't laugh but that's funny! I am not swearing I have fixed the car but it starts at least
Lynn, hope you have a nice time with Joel and good luck to your son doing the triathlon
Sue...eeekkkk, that's some swim for your son
Moyra, have a good day
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Afternoon all not to bad weather wise this morning been out with Gert a couple of times and actually brave enough to pop washing in the machine however the heavens have opened.

Been in the shed sorting the brick (as opposed to summerhouse shed) shed out surprising how much more room I have and only 80% through my aim us to return the summer house to a summer house, not a storage area.

It is not lack of space more lack of organisation.

Have cleaned and sharpened what I can and applied a little oil to surfaces that require it. Even applied linseed oil to my garden tools with wooden handles.

My long term plan is to do this on my Dad's birthday week and then again Mom's in November.

I also intend to try a thing the old chap opposite who is an allotment man. A bag of building sand tipped into a muck bucket and a litre of cheap motor oil in there, and when returning tools lift in and out a few times.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good morning Moyra and everyone.
Very black clouds here but the sun does peek out now and then.
I probably sound very ungrateful and selfish but Im hoping for a quiet day on my own today. A constant stream of well wishers can become a bit wearing after a while!
It would be nice to do some gardening but I think that is wishful thinking. x
I love quiet days, hope you got yours.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, Jenny and all to follow.
Weather a bit hit an miss here today. Cloudy then sunny.

Jenny nothing wrong or selfish wanting a day on your own with your thoughts.
griff good news about dads car you seem to found the problem.

I am over to Essex later today to pick Joel up. Mark is working till 4 Lauren is in Herts visiting her dad it being Fathers day. So Joel got in touch to ask if one of us could get him Mark had planned to after work but is grateful we stepped in as he is in work early tomorrow and not feeling great.
Michael is doing a triathlon today not for charity more for himself to see if he can finish. It is 30 degrees in Madrid he was saying yesterday and like a desert so it is going to be hard work. Running, cycling and swimming at one point he will be in the mountains possibly for the running and cycling I would imagine.
Hope he doesn't make himself ill.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Hope you have a safe journey to collect Joel. Sounds like hard work the triathlon my brother does them I just can't understand it. Nice stroll with the dog more my mark.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good Morning Moyra, Jenny, Lynn and all who follow

sorry your news was not good Harvey but good vibes are winging your way. Please pop in when you feel able as we do miss you.

As Lynn said nothing wrong infant some time to yourself just to relax and do what you wish.

Safe journey to pick Joel up and best wishes to Michael and his triathlon. Eldest son did say something abut doing something in the Scilly Isles swimming between islands and running across the island to the next swim start but not until 2021 I think to give him time to train.

Good you have found the problem with dad's car Griff but typical man doesn't like to be told the problem by a woman

Was lovely and sunny early this morning whilst out with RTeazle but has now just started to rain. Have painted three doors outside on the landing so now only two to go so should be finished by tomorrow The a short rest and will start on removing the paper on the bottom of the wall in one off the bedrooms and repaper and paint. I have no other plans then for decorating for some time.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Sue its like the forth bridge. Although saying that I am decorating at the moment too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >