Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 30th August.

Good morning all. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Harvey, it is a shame that poor old Casey's back legs are going. He is very heavy. I hope he continues ok though.

Lynn, I would hate not knowing whether they are still going ahead or not.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.

We are playing the waiting game this morning. Had a call earlier to say the delivery would be here between 10 am and noon so we're stuck until it's been. We are going to try town then and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it's not too busy. Fish and chips me thinks today. A rare treat for us as we don't normally have them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Morning Moyra and Chris and all who follow.

Must admit it has put me in a mood. Took ages to find anywhere now wondering if they will go for the structural survey and then possibly want to negotiate. We are not expecting anything major to show up but houses this age are going to in the future possibly cost some money or not.
We have put right all the major issues that faced us when we moved here and it is a move in and live property.
Seeings how long it has taken us to find somewhere we would be happy to live even though we have compromised space and it will cost us to add space we are not negotiating.
Can't afford to. This house has stood 300+ years bet it will still be standing as opposed to to the new builds going up in the village.
Oh well we shall see if agent rings to say it is going ahead I will say after all the time we spent this summer and being ill to boot we will not be happy having a surveyor in here pulling the place apart which could take anything between 2 hours to all day. Also I will say we are not prepared to negotiate price if anything comes up so the ball is in their court they can pay the money but it could be a waste of time.

Harvey poor Casey hard when the back legs start to go.
Dillon is having trouble with a limp on a front leg guess it's his elbows he had a previcox yesterday and he is better today but still not wanting to make them a regular thing yet.
Ordered some high strength turmeric capsules with black pepper will add oil to his meals see how that goes and stocked up on rhus tox for pain management.
If they do not help off to the vet we go.

Glad dad survived the sausage casserole griff and thank you for the lovely comments.
brenda glad you enjoyed your meal and hope Tyto is well.
Chris hope not to busy in the town and enjoy your fish and chips.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Morning all
P@#sed off, the internet disconnected the other day, took hours and a call to Plusnet to get it sorted, then last night...the same, was up until 4am trying to sort it, had to ring plus net again, they are sending me a new modem .. hopefully we can stay connected until then.
Chris, hope town is o.k
Moyra, I don't feel too bad today but a little tired... hope you are doing a little better now
Lynn, I wonder why on earth they have left it until now to get this survey...a little odd
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2018, 10:19 AM
Oh no griff hope they sort it quickly and until then you can still hop on and off to chat.

In all fairness been waiting for us to find something and seem committed I expect lot of money to spend if we hadn't of found anything and pulled out.
Although the agent did speak of a home buyer survey a few weeks ago remember I posted about it ? Then it all went quiet and we thought there was a miscommunication. They have had two weeks to get this booked if they are serious. Who knows will have to wait and see.
I have a gut feeling this will all fall through.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 11:26 AM
I am hoping Lynn that they are just being super careful... have they owned a home before?? If not, maybe just getting all surveys available to ensure there aren't going to be any nasties lurking... judging by the amount of interest you had, you may get a buyer sooner than you think
I do have mobile internet but I have already used loads trying to sort the connection out...I have used more in 2days than I do in a month lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2018, 11:55 AM
We may consider pulling out griff if things go pear shaped.
Due to the stress we have been through this summer we have wasted it house hunting if it all falls through now we have found somewhere I think we will need a break especially with the winter weather coming to.
Imagine the work keeping this place clean with a Dillon the dog about. Not sure I could cope.

Would plus net consider a contribution to your expenses do you think ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Lol...no Lynn, I struggled to get the new modem and still got to pay £7 delivery!
Yeah... maybe best to stay put if it falls through but me in positive mode...it won't!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Afternoon everyone. Now then I have a problem for you all to solve for me. On this holiday that hopefully Tyto will be coming on with me I have read that all the foors are wooden. So no carpets. What can you suggest to stop him slipping if he decides to be silly and go romping around. Not that that is likely but you never know. Don't like using paw wax incase he licks it off. Boots would mean wearing them all day and evening and not ideal. So get your thinking caps on please. bg!! Lynn I do hope that what ever you decide you feel less stressed very soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Totes baby socks might be easier for him to cope with that boots (the socks with the rubber bits on the bottom), but still not ideal. Does the place have rugs you could maybe put together in the living area for him?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >