View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Don't worry, Kelly. You can chuck owt in a casserole and it tends to come out OK .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Lol cheers Chris, just said to Steve...how do you know when a sausage is cooked? He said well it's brown on the outside.... but I put them in raw and he said you can't do that...the recipe said raw chicken so chopped up sausage should be o.k, it looks cooked
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Lunch was great as usual. Sausages shouldn't be pink in the centre griff. But I expect it will be ok. Depends how long the casserole was in the oven for? Sun came out as we walked up to the restaurant but has now clouded over. Waiting for daughter to come to check the house and buildings insurance for me that I have found. Beats the renewal price of the one I had last year. Thanks for the phone no. Barry. Hate cold callers of any sort. Even when they can't be bothered to read the sign that is just above the door bell. Amazes me. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2018, 03:37 PM
It was in for about an hour and a half... it's fine, MasterChef thinks he knows how to cook bless him! Everything he has is frozen or out of a tin!
Hope the quote is o.k Brenda, just make sure they do new for old
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Evening everyone. Had fun looking at log cabins.

Had call from agent not sure what's going on but he asked had we had a survey done on the house when we bought it ? No we didn't due to our financial circumstances at the time we couldn't afford a survey. Also we didn't need a valuation survey due to not needing a mortgage and finding £1000 then was a no go.
The problems we encountered it is doubtful a survey would of highlighted them anyway.
So they were thinking home buyer survey which on some research is same as valuation survey except you own it not the bank. So if you feel they missed something you can take them through the courts to try to get compensation.
Structural survey again you own it can cost up to £1000 or more might predict possible problems in the future or of course possible problems in the now. Again still have to take them through the courts to sue if felt necessary.
So preparing myself for another survey of some kind. If they start about wanting reduction in price the answer will be no and we will leave it on till the contract with agent runs out and if sold move on if not stay and rethink next year.
I wonder if they are getting cold feet about buying a 300 year old property.
Oh well we will see.
Just paid our £350 for searches etc., to solicitor which we will lose if it falls through.

Marks birthday today 37 gosh it makes me feel old.
griff if the sausages had been in an 11/2 sure they would be cooked and they would look a different colour to being fried, bbq'd or done in the oven.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2018, 07:19 PM
It could be that they are debating having a survey and wouldn't have to bother if you had one done previously?

It's the only reason I can think of.

I thought though, that they had already had a survey done
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Valuation survey done Chris for the bank lending them the money.
My thought to that if we had a survey done they would of asked to of seen it. Just got a gut feeling they may be getting cold feet after all this time and the journey of them waiting and us looking.
I believe they have paid a lot of money out re: their searches etc., and of course fees to the bank for various things.
If going to pull out need to do it before exchange of contracts.
Might be totally wrong if they do they do I will be a little upset but shan't be heartbroken.
We will plod on with our purchase until we either exchange or our buyers pull out. Watch this space as they say.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-08-2018, 08:19 PM
'evening all
Barry, amazing that these scammers can operate with a landline, it should be easy for the fraud squad to find them, but how much effort do they put in trying to catch these fraudsters.

Griff, so the anti-biotics have saved you from the dreaded white pills

Lynn, your buyers might just be thinking about what they may have to do when they move in, I do hope they will not pull out after all the trauma you've been through. Hope that Dillon is still Ok on his back legs.

Moyra, you sounded a bit better today, long may it continue and hugs for Amber.

Brenda, hope Tyto continues to be good.

Hope all above are well and those which my brain has forgotten

Yes Casey is still around and all things considered is doing OK but his back legs are not good now. He has trouble getting in the car even if I help him with a push on the bum and when we get to somewhere for a little walk he doesn't go far before flopping down. Thing that worries me the most is that he is 56 Kilos and I can only just lift that sort of weight. If he co-operates it's easier but sometimes when he decides he doesn't want to move he'll make it hard to lift him. I have a special harness which goes around his chest and around his tummy but have to get it on him which when he's lying on the ground isn't easy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Lynn... really hope that the sale still goes ahead, for what it's worth, I think your house is beautiful and considering what you get here an absolute bargain
Harvey, I hope Casey will be o.k....do you are junk he would be happy with a drive in the car to get a he smells but not the actual walk?
Dad ate the casserole, he is still alive lol so sausages must be o.k
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
he would be happy with a drive in the car to get a the smells but not the actual walk?
Dad ate the casserole, he is still alive lol so sausages must be o.k

Funny you should say that Griff 'cos I was kinda thinking the same thing. Have not discussed it with Mrs. Losos, might just try it and then talk about it, or maybe not

So Dad ate the casserole, well done. I'm the worlds worst cook but I was going to say that if the sausages were in the oven for that length of time they were certain to be OK
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2