Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Daily thread, Tuesday 21st August

Afternoon all, been flat out busy today but luckily after putting it off for weeks I got a hair appointment for today and it's done! Should last a couple of months except for getting my fringe trimmed
Started off grey and nasty but is now very very warm. I think it's going to rain tomorrow but be o.k Thursday which is good as the lad is coming back to finish the fencing
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Disaster has struck!!! I have dropped my phone and smashed the screen, I am gutted, I only bought it in January, I have emailed a local phone shop to enquire how much a repair will be, I looked online and it is about £50...I don't know if I should just buy a new handset
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 08:26 PM
House contents insurance should cover it depending of course on excess amount? Evening by the way Griff. Where is everyone?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 08:55 PM
The phone only cost £100 but with all the vet bills I have had I just can't spare that amount, I have emailed a local shop to find the cost of a new screen
I thought maybe nobody could see my post lol.
I know Moyra was in a bit of a bad way, I hope she is not in hospital
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Good evening all.

Blimey, it's quiet on here today. I also hope that Moyra is OK.

I bought a new phone today. It cost the grand total of £10 plus £15 top up. I have a smart phone but I just can't hear the thing so I've gone for a phone just for phoning and texting because I really do need to hear what's being said and this little thing, although old fashioned in operation, fits the bill.

It's still very warm here. Almost 11 pm and I'm sat with the fan on. It looks like being another uncomfortable night
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Chris, that's what my dad says...he can't hear the phone, I did get him a flip phone at Christmas but he wrecked it, he wants one of those nokia3310 phones but he won't do a sim swap.
Had a little good news, 2of my friends are alcohics, they had separated and both were miserable, they have decided they are meant to be together and the lady is finally going to rehab and her partner will recover here.. hopefully. She said she isn't allowed a phone but allowed to call him once a day, so I suggested they go retro and write each other letters, then when they reunite, they can put them in a box and if they feel they are slipping they can read the letters again. I really hope things work out for them both
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 10:33 PM
That's the one I got, Kelly. The buttons seem a bit flimsy and the numbers/letters aren't the best for seeing, but it's more for if ambulance drivers/hospital has to contact re Gary because I will be able to hear them. That £15 top up will likely last me 2-3 years because I hate using phones and especially mobiles.

That's a really good idea re the letter writing. It's one of the things that I regret about computers. It's so much nicer to receive a chatty letter than an email

You've probably gathered by now that I'm a traditionalist (in other words and old fart)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Lol, I love letters and cards, it shows people have put thought into it. The best thing I ever got from Steve was a birthday card, the fact he wrote it himself and it took him 20minutes to do it means the world to me...he thinks I am soft for keeping it but little things like that mean a lot to me
Oh... well, the way my dad goes through phones, the cheaper the better! He had a smart phone...hates it, went back to his old phone e, made me buy him a big standard flip phone, he drowned that, went back to his old phone... drowned that 3weeks later and is now back on his smart phone.. which he rarely answers or uses it... keeps threatening to do away with it all together lol