Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 07:31 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 6th August.

Good morning all. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Got dentist appointment this morning. They reckon we shall get another 32c+ temps. Fresher feel to weather from Wednesday, roll on!

Have a good day everyone, stay cool and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Good luck at the dentist Moyra.

Hope you enjoyed your evening out Griff.

Up early again and out with Teazle. Done the monthly shop and all safely put away. Now a sit down and a coffee and see what the rest of the day throws at me

Hope all ow and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon all.

Too hot again for me today, despite the bit of breeze we have. Can't we just have the 'typical' summer we are supposed to have please?

McD's was full to bursting when we got there for our drink so we went in a bar come fish and chip bar I had seen the other day. It was lovely. Leather sofas around a coffee table where we sat and the folding doors fully open so a sort of inside/outside feel. Prices decent for the drinks (Cokes) and air conditioning. Lovely place to let Rosie cool down She sat on my knee because she thinks she owns all leather sofas. She would have loved to have jumped up, curled up and gone to sleep .

Three fans going now we're home so hopefully this afternoon will be bearable.

I hope the dentist goes OK for you Moyra. Not the best place in the world to go, but necessary
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Hope the dentist was o.k Moyra
Sue..I had a lovely time..until I came home
Chris, that place sounds lovely
Just the inside of my gate and the small panel and I am done!! The cheeky cow next door was fishing for the colour and then said..carry on over if you want, when I refused she came back out and said she would pay me! Obviously beneath her precious daughter, told her no as I wouldn't commit benefit fraud and I wouldn't want to work for her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Moyra hope the dentist went ok.
Hope the day hasn't thrown anything at you Sue and you have continued to sit down and drink coffee.
Chris glad you found another nice place to have coffee.
griff your neighbour really does have a cheek.

We spent most of yesterday sleeping not sure what the heck we have caught but with this heat to it is knocking us out. We really must find some energy from somewhere now to get what we need to down the tip and to start making some inroads into packing.
Popped our id over today for estate agent, set up the on line payment plan for solicitors and filled in our sellers info and what is included and not included paperwork earlier.
Got to get that over to our agent to deliver to solicitor as soon as now.

Bungalow showing up as stc online with our agent still there as not with other agent but I expect they have been informed.

We went out with Michael and Margaret last night Margaret was 80 Michael's treat. He was very annoyed as he had asked for the table to be done up for her and it was forgotten. So all drinks were on the house.
Still an expensive night though.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Dentist was okay it was merely to sort out whether he could take three more teeth out for me before having a plate of some false ones made for me. I shall then be able to smile again. My teeth have only deteriorated over the last 8/9 years since I discovered I had diabetes 2. until then they were in pretty good shape. Oh well cela vie' .

Lynn, so sorry you and Gorden are not feeling so good. This weather is certainly not helping matters. So hot again today! Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Thanks Moyra think the stress and the heat are not helping at all.
Glad the dentist wasn't to traumatic.

Sitting here sorting out about possibly making the back bedroom a living room and having a nice conservatory put on to make a big lounge diner overlooking the garden...
The living room which is now at the front would become bedroom 1.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 05:54 PM
It is nice to be able to make plans now especially knowing you want to make it your retirement home for life.

Gosh it has been a hot one today.
33c+ and again forecast for tomorrow too, possibility of thunderstorms, that might help break it. Wednesday is supposed to be fresher.

Have done all my sheets today and used my new press to iron them, so nice white crease free, except for the fold creases. I love good quality white cotton sheets & bedding. So I spoiled myself rotten.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Hot here to Moyra haven't recorded temperature today.
My turn on the sofa tonight so Dillon can have back of house open during the night to keep cool.

Love fresh clean sheets. Mum always loved white cotton sheets.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks Moyra think the stress and the heat are not helping at all.
Glad the dentist wasn't to traumatic.

Sitting here sorting out about possibly making the back bedroom a living room and having a nice conservatory put on to make a big lounge diner overlooking the garden...
The living room which is now at the front would become bedroom 1.
That sounds lovely.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >