Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
horv1972
New Member!
Male 

10-12-2010, 10:44 PM

Help with my Border Terrier - vomiting and diarrhea

I have an eight year old Border Terrier and once a year (around the same time a year, give or take a month or two) he goes through a stretch where he has frequent vomiting and diarrhea. We have taken Dewey to the vet and they are never able to accurately diagnose his issue and we always end up dropping a bunch of cash to still not know what the problem is. Typically the symptoms subside after a week or two and Dewey goes back to being Dewey. Anyone ever have a similar experience or maybe some ideas as to what this might be?
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Could it be something in your garden that he is eating thats out at this time?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by horv1972 View Post
I have an eight year old Border Terrier and once a year (around the same time a year, give or take a month or two) he goes through a stretch where he has frequent vomiting and diarrhea. We have taken Dewey to the vet and they are never able to accurately diagnose his issue and we always end up dropping a bunch of cash to still not know what the problem is. Typically the symptoms subside after a week or two and Dewey goes back to being Dewey. Anyone ever have a similar experience or maybe some ideas as to what this might be?
Maybe its something he is coming into contact with at this time of the year?
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
If it is the same time of year all the time then I think it must be something Dewey is eating, maybe berries or something similar? Hope he recovers ok.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Well 3 of my dogs have had this so far this month. One with it at the moment so maybe it's a bug? There seems to be an awful lot of dogs with this at the moment.
My other 2 dogs are ok so far but I'm just waiting for them to start!
I hope your baby's ok soon hun.....big hugs xx
horv1972
New Member!
Male 

11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks to all for the replies. I started Dewey yesterday on a small ration of brown rice and low sodium chicken broth and today switched to rice and minced boiled chicken meat. He has not vomited in going on 24 hours and his movement today was of a more solid consistency. This seems to be doing the trick. He has more energy and is acting more like Dewey which is great to see.

Thanks again for the advice and well wishes.