View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:42 PM

I think we have a problem -(update at post #33)

Meg is just out of season,she is very depressed,doesn't want to play,not interested in her food,now she is usually like a walking dustbin,she won't tolerate Tyler at all and keeps snapping at him.She keeps moaning & sighing.

I'm sort of thinking infection of some sort,there is definatly something wrong,We are seeing the vet tomorrow,any ideas please.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
She could just think she's pregnant rather than an infection. I'd try a bit of lovely roast chicken to tempt her. Have you taken her temperature?
Becky
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi Sal, is she drinking more/panting, is her tummy tender? Is there any discharge? If the answer to any of these things is yes I would ring the vet and tell him don't wait until morning.

Because she has just had a season/is not eating/depressed I would be worried about Pyometra.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I agree with mini if she is unwell take her now.xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
My first thoughts are pyometra, as she has just had her season.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Sal, is she drinking more/panting, is her tummy tender? Is there any discharge? If the answer to any of these things is yes I would ring the vet and tell him don't wait until morning.

Because she has just had a season/is not eating/depressed I would be worried about Pyometra.
Hi Mini,
No her tummy is fine and she's drinking the same as she normally does.No discharge or smells.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Sal, I'm glad you are seeing the vet tomorrow, but if it makes you feel any better, after Mo's last season this is just how she was.
We changed her food about 3 times, trying to tempt her. She didn't enjoy her walks and was most unhappy. Eventually she came out of it, ??hormonal.
Anyway I hope Meg is ok and gets a clean bill of health tomorrow.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi Sal, I'm glad you are seeing the vet tomorrow, but if it makes you feel any better, after Mo's last season this is just how she was.
We changed her food about 3 times, trying to tempt her. She didn't enjoy her walks and was most unhappy. Eventually she came out of it, ??hormonal.
Anyway I hope Meg is ok and gets a clean bill of health tomorrow.
Thanks I will keep you all updated,

Can I ask How common is Pyometra in bitches under 5 years,Meg isn't 2 till June,I don't know true it is but I thought Pyo was more uncommon in bitches under 5 years.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Poor Meg, I hope she is ok bless her... Keep us posted hun when you have been to the vets tomorrow xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post

That's the same thing that sprung to my mind too! Keep a very strict eye on her or call the vet.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »