Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2014, 02:27 AM

In Memory of Kashi and Tootie

Something about Ginger cats, I've heard others say the same thing...Ginger cats are not typical cats, saying they're dogs in fur suits would be an insult actually.
Two of my most special boys and we've had too many cats to count.

Tootie has been gone almost a decade. He was born on my chest. His mother was young and freaked out giving birth. I guess the place she felt safest was nested among her sleeping humans. I woke up that morning to a tiny orange kitten between my tata's, still wet from coming into the world.
One of my other clearest memories is when I used to arrive home from work. I could see an orange streak running across neighbors rooftops and there would be Tootie waiting for me to get out of the car.
Through family issues we moved and I wasn't able to convince an ex to send my orange boy back to us. They tell me he died of natural causes about two years later.

Kashi was the kitten of a farm cat. Not a big boy but the most domineering. He was sort of the Don Corleone of our kitty family. The other cats bowed to him to eat and where they could lay. With his humans he was so mellow. Every night he would lay between me and hubby. He would bathe us then himself and curl into a ball to sleep.
I like to think he never saw the car that ended his life.

After several months of the whole family, humans and cats, mourning poor dear Kashi we went to the local shelter.
There was a youngish orange cat in the front window. I walked up to him and touched his back as he slept. He opened an eye and stretched. Then he stood up and all but leaped on my shoulder. That would come later...But how would a house of grown cats and two dogs react to this small feline?
We brought his carrier into the house, opened the door and held our breath. Out swaggered Levon past the dogs, past the older cats and straight to the food bowl. He sat down peacefully in the bowl and began to dine.

Tootie and Kashi might be on the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me someday...but once again I have a Ginger boy waiting for me every night...my beautiful Levon
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Sorry for the loss of Kashi and Tootie - I wish you much happiness with your gorgeous Levon.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Ah bless,that was lovely.Love the name Levon,he's gorgeous,nice pigs too btw xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Thank you for sharing your lovely memories of Kashi and Tootie - its so true that we never forget them
Its good to hear that Levon has established his place in your heart and your household - hope you have many happy years with him.