Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 07:06 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday 8th October

Good Morning, fortunately I do not seem to have much trouble with Amber and fox poo, but the blighters do visit my garden.

Mine and Steve's colds have come back with a vengeance. So clogged up with them. Hope everyone else is ok. Have to have some Lemsip or something I think.

Lynn have a good weekend with all your company and I hope you get something sorted about the car.

Hope the girls behaved themselves last night June, and Griff hope you are ok this morning too.

Everyone else hope you are all ok. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Morning all! I love my foxes - I hear them almost every night out in the field and they do manage to get through my trellis style fencing into the garden which actually I love, especially the cubs when they are fighting and squabbling. Our grass is very long as it is wild meadow grass which we only cut once a year, so they have great fun playing in that and no doubt pouncing on mice and shrews!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2016, 07:46 AM

Good morning all, or is it here? not really it is light drizzle and again overcast.

Question Why is the sky so high?

Answer So birds don't bump their heads
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Nice picture Barry, is it Leeds Castle in Kent?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2016, 08:29 AM
No it is Bodium Castle . looks great from the outside but nothing inside.

tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2016, 08:30 AM
For fans of Star Trek

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Good morning everyone

Sorry your colds have returned Moyra. Did the van go last night?

I always chase the foxes out of my garden as I don't want her ladyship finding eau de fox to roll in.

Hope you enjoy your weekend Lynn and I am sure everyone else will.

The picture Moyra is of Bodium Castle in East Sussex looks lovely from the outside but nothing inside. It was dismantled during the English Civil War to pay fines to Parliament and left as a ruin. It has had some restoration but remains much as it was left in 1641.

Well having walked Teazle whilst it was trying to rain the sun is now out. Will have a go at trying to dig some more of the root out of the bush we are trying to remove.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Hope the colds clear soon Moyra.

We use to have foxes at Fennells they use to play on the field and trot up the path in front of the houses.

Rung about the car and apparently it is fixed again. They hadn't rung as they are going to use it over the weekend and put some miles on it to check it.
Austen did say that whatever was wrong with it Thursday was most likely stupid or a peugeot mistake, it was a piece of rubber (ring) and they had nicked it while putting the manifold back together so that was allowing to much air in and that caused the problem.
He seemed a little reluctant to return the money am speaking to him Monday again. Gorden and I have said we will take it back on the proviso that if anything else goes wrong again on it after taking it back we will return it and expect our money back. He is going to extend the warranty if it is running well and we take it back.
He does understand where I am coming from but I think he would rather return it to me than refund the money to me.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Dry clear morning here. I'll get the girls out in a while, as its nice out there will continue with the plan of taking Lona, Mabs and Zen onto the river and see if the EA has moved the debris. Not seeming to have an over abundance of the mountain goat gene, Cariad and Kesh will have a walk, with it being Saturday and Kesh being in season it will be short I'm sorry to say, not worth the risk.
I need to get stuck into the yard and will do that whilst they're having lunchtime bones and casting Black Looks at me for preventing their afternoon nap.
What time did the guy appear for he van Moyra.
I look upon foxes as vermin, having seen first hand on several occasions the needless killing of poultry etc.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Lets hope they have fixed it for good this time Lynn, fingers crossed.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >