Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2014, 09:16 PM

My Fish tanks..

When not being given the run around by a young pup and older dog whos being a pup again. I have two fish tanks(well 5 really but thats another story)

My first is a freshwater tank with community fish..

My other tank is a reef tank. Its in need of a bit of a spring clean but the water levels are stable so thats the main job.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Cool Love the little yellow fish in the reef tank
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Bless ya!!!!! I always admire anyone who ventures past the average goldfish Beautiful tank you have there. I'll have to post pics too. Only recently I set up a twenty gallon in my kitchen.

Between kids, dogs, cats, rats, plants, I don't have time for anything that needs careful care. But I've had the best luck at a local shop that sells "feeder fish". Beautiful goldies for a few cents each. Some grow almost Koi sized with regular feeding. Hearty little critters too.

I decorated the new tank with rocks and a few items that aren't marketed for aquariums but quite sturdy and attractive. It's been a month and the tank has balanced itself enough that everyone is thriving.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Stormey, When you say fresh water fish do you mean tropical fish or ones that swim in our rivers. Only they look like tropicals to me. Lovely tanks though. My Parents used to breed fish along time ago for various other outlets.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2014, 11:23 AM
So pretty and so calming, beautiful
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Awesome :0)
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Cheers all.

Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
Bless ya!!!!! I always admire anyone who ventures past the average goldfish Beautiful tank you have there. I'll have to post pics too. Only recently I set up a twenty gallon in my kitchen.

Between kids, dogs, cats, rats, plants, I don't have time for anything that needs careful care. But I've had the best luck at a local shop that sells "feeder fish". Beautiful goldies for a few cents each. Some grow almost Koi sized with regular feeding. Hearty little critters too.

I decorated the new tank with rocks and a few items that aren't marketed for aquariums but quite sturdy and attractive. It's been a month and the tank has balanced itself enough that everyone is thriving.
Thank you. I began with goldfish and have progressed over the years.

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hi Stormey, When you say fresh water fish do you mean tropical fish or ones that swim in our rivers. Only they look like tropicals to me. Lovely tanks though. My Parents used to breed fish along time ago for various other outlets.
Thank you. They are both as while tropical they do come from fresh water rivers and lakes. Mine mainly from South America.