Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread. Thursday, 13th october

Good Morning all,

Well had a bit of a lay in but when you are not used to it makes it difficult to just lay there enjoying the warmth.

Griff, do hope you feel better soon, unlike you to this down for so long.

June, Maybe Zen will surprise you and leave the lights etc alone, I do hope so.

LG, you can keep your snow if you get some we do not want to share everything with you thank you! Just your sunshine. lol.

Hope the car went well yesterday Lynn and its problems are over. Did you enjoy your visiting too.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God Bless.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Morning all!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Yes car seems fine Moyra let's hope it behaves now the injector seals have been replaced. I rang him in the morning asking if he had a part worn tyre to fit. When I got there he said I have replaced the tyre new so said to him how much do I owe you and he said no that's on me for all the grief you have had.
I did say I never intended for you to replace it, but he was insistent it was a freebie. I think he went somewhere to get it he doesn't usually carry new tyres I think. He also said the warranty is extended from yesterday if I get anymore issues. He did laugh though and say as much as I like you I don't want to see you back. I said mutual feelings but we would take it back for the gaitor boot to be replaced soon.
Drove it off the forecourt two minutes up the road and a light came on. I thought oh noooooo. Checked and it was the tyre pressures to low light so drove it carefully to the Wisbech tesco. Not sure the machine was working though so drove it carefully into March and home later. Will get Gorden to help sort that at the weekend.
Had a lovely meet up with my friend we haven't seen each other for about 8 months. She lost one of her two bernese recently but is getting a new puppy in two weeks and she will be called Dolly saw a picture of her at 5 weeks and she is very pretty and her name will suit her.
Hoping to meet her in the flesh sooner rather than later.

Lovely picture yesterday Barry.
Lovely photos of the girls June.
griff do hope you feel better soon unusual for you to be so down for long. Hug.

Weather wet and grey here today and chilly.
Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends to.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2016, 07:55 AM

splash down

Bit damp outside but might have a little go at another bush stump removal later on. Who ever did the planting before put huge bushes only inches, apart so none can get to grow as they should
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Bit cold out, but brightening up now and blue sky with some cloud.
Just rang this new feed place, been on their website,it is a livery yard as well, and looks very nice and clean.I think I know where it is now, there have always been horses there but not to a wonderful standard and I never liked the person that ran it, or their methods, and in the end could never bear to even buy anything from her. Looks like it has changed hands and name (which is why I couldn't fathom where exactly it was). Anyhow mobile number went to answer phone and I'll have a drive up there later when I've had the girls out, been to the tip etc.
Heard back about this light and there is no on/off switch, so the search continues
Aw that man is a lovely man, Lynn, what a nice thing to do for you, I have everything crossed here that all is well in the future for you and you only see him for nice everyday stuff now.
Moyra, there is no real need for you to be up at sparrow f@rt. No job to go to and get pressurised by all day, sit in the traffic there and back, and generally make you want to bang your head repeatedly against a brick wall. Makes me laugh when people who are retired 'sleep in' well why not??? Relax and let the world go by, and jump on and off the roundabout as you please when and where you please.
Time to get the girls out for a walk round. Missing my walks onto the Country Park, we are getting into the Danger Zone now so definitely will have to keep missing it for a week or so longer
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased you had a lie in Moyra you will feel better for it.

Glad the car seems to be behaving and long may it continue. He is indeed a very nice person and hopefully you and he will not meet until the car needs a service and no doubt you will use him then

Hope you are now feeling more like yourself Griff Hugs

Thanks for the offer of Danger Curls Gordon but I think I will give it a miss - you could sen me Tess though

Bush out with the help of Barry so now ready to plant my tree which I will do tomorrow once the ground is prepared.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Lynn, the light may be that you need to reset the sensor...on my dads bmws it comes up with tyre pressure low after tyre has been changed or you inflate the tyre, you have to allow the car to reset itself...not sure if that makes sense or not Lol...probably not as it is me who said it
Moyra...give it time, you will get used to it Lol
Hi Gnasher
TW, hope the shavings are a decent price
Tumbleweed, that is a pretty duck
Sue, what tree do you have to plant?
haircut for me today, feeling a bit better today...still not right, there is something wrong as my neighbour saw e tuesday and said i had lost even more weight and to stop....i am not trying Lol i have had to put my belt 2 notches tighter in the space of 3 months
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Afternoon all who have followed.
Yes it does make sense griff will have to look in the handbook I think it tells you how to re-set the programme.
Glad you are feeling a little better.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Been to the tip and then went to find the shavings, and I have to say the place has been transformed, absolutely beautiful and the stables are first class, couldn't fault it. I said to her I wouldn't even have spent money here with the last people as I was so appalled by all that went on, and she agreed. Shavings were the same price as they are where I normally go, without the half hour drive, so have got 3 bales in the car. They can be transferred to their shelf in the big house tomorrow,no urgency. I will definitely go there again, so nice to see people who care. Makes me miss my horse so much as I think I would be on there like a shot if I still had her. Mind you she'd be 26 now if she is still with us that is!!!
http://shoreside-stables.co.uk/
Griff, I wonder if you've lost weight because you've been trying to and its all of a sudden noticeable. Have you told the doctor just in case there is something wrong.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Glad it made sense Lynn.... i confuse myself with half the nonsense that comes out of myself sometimes Lol
TW, so very very pleased to hear the place has been transformed and there is no extra cost for the shavings and more convenient.
I stopped tryig to lose weight ages ago...it was pointless as nothing was happening and was making me fed up Lol. The consultant knows how much weight i have lost as does the GP but neither seemed very concerned, obviously i am as i will end up needing new clothes at this rate....which i don't want to do Lol i am sure i will be moaning i have put it back on again soon Lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >