View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Well we have great news from our Fun Day! Marie & Lee had a fundraising stall for us at the event and they met Cassie and thought they could give a short term foster break in with their pack of 4! Cassie went to meet them and here is an update:

“So here's the thing...!

When Lee and I met Cassie at the RR Fun Day she touched our hearts as I know she did with many of you, forum and non-forum members alike, well, how could she not - with her kind, gentle nature, those piercing brown eyes not to mention those long lucious lashes - I know women who would kill for lashes like that!!! I'm one of 'em!

After the fun day we talked about her a lot and the result; she's now officially on annual leave from the kennels and having a little vacation with us. We picked her up after a long walk and a successful introduction to our pack.

Considering Cassie has been in kennels for most of her life she has adapted brilliantly to a home environment, nothing phases this girl, not the washing machine, not the dishwasher, not the vacuum cleaner, not even all the buzzers and dingers that go off on all todays modern appliances.

She's been with us for just over a week and hasn't had one accident in the house. She has no issues with food or toys and has settled with our pack like she's been with them for years.

She's very energetic and loves to play in the garden with my dogs, especially Lilly, but like all dogs; foster or 'vacation' dogs, she must by kept on a lead when walked so she does pull on the lead but listens really well to command and will walk to heal when corrected. She would benefit from some regular training.

Like all staffies she loves to love and just wants to please. She adores a cuddle and, of course, a lap to lay on. It's the staffy way!!!

This little lady is a true gem and an absolute joy to have around! For the life of me I can't understand why she is still in kennels.

I've put some pics on of her first few days with us - Enjoy!

Cassie making herself at home

Look into my eyes...

Cas with the pack

***STOP PRESS****STOP PRESS****STOP PRESS****

Cassie has now been in foster for 3 weeks and Marie took her to a dog training class last week and would you believe it;

“the class were only doing their 'Bronze' training award so Cassie and Marie decided to join in. Cassie was the ONLY dog in the class to do a 1 minute sit stay and a 1 minute down stay first time around.... Way to go Cass...

In fact, she did everything including a recall on a long lead, two tricks which consisted of giving me paws (one at a time lol!) and a crawl. She gave eye contact when asked to 'look' and walked beautifully on the lead although I did use a gentle leader. With lots of practice she will get the hang of heal work no problem, after all, this girl is a very intelligent girl, very intelligent indeed!

The result: Cassie passed everything apart from the 'send away' - (sending her to a mat/bed), she got close but just wasn't close enough to the bed bless her!

BUT.... On the 'Bronze' award dogs are allowed one fail which means Cassie is now the proud recipient of a 'BEST FRIENDS' BRONZE TRAINING CERTIFICATE..... whao hoo!!!

NOT BAD FOR A LITTLE LADY WHO HAS BEEN IN KENNELS FOR MOST OF HER LIFE AND NEVER HAD ANY KIND OF FORMAL TRAINING EH!!!

WELL DONE CAS - YOU ARE TRULY AN AMAZING GIRL! XXXXX

Here is the link to link Cassie's holiday vid - Marie says “excuse the voiceover”!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mwJJzoCzWc

If you are interested in re-homing Cassie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Cassie has well and truly settled in her foster home. See for yourself ... an update from her fosterer:

“Here's a bit more of Cassie's current life in pics and here's hoping this gawjus girl's 'forever' family is just around the corner!

Come on people you are so missin' out...

Snuggled up with the old fella Sonny x

Note to 'forever' family ... now you've seen her what ya waitin' for????? She even comes with a GUARANTEE. We guarantee that you will fall in love with her”!

If you are interested in re-homing Cassie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:02 PM
***bump***
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Cassie (far left) and her foster sisters ...

Cassie still needs a forever home of her own!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Cassie is still in foster and waiting for a forever home. Could you adopt Cassie?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Cassie has a forever home on her Christmas list!

If you think you can make her dream come true please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey good lookin' ... Cas showin' how beautiful she is!

Coming 5th in 'Best Rescue' at Battersea Park ...

Cassie is still in foster and waiting for a forever home. Could you adopt Cassie?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Cassie is still available for adoption. She is being seriously overlooked and has been in rescue since DECEMBER 2008! If you are looking for a dog, could you consider adopting Cassie and offer her the home she so deserves?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Met some old friends today ... here is a very special girl looking radiant and in beautiful condition. Her coat was shining and she looks so fit. We have Marie & Lee, her long term fosterers, to thank for that. Here's hoping someone steps up to home her and continues their work.

Cassie's super model pose ...

Cassie had a lovely long time in foster, but her fosterers circumstances have changed and she is now back in kennels.

If you could consider fostering Cassie or offer her the home she truly deserves please get in touch.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8