View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-12-2009, 07:25 PM
An update from the kennels - Cassie is still looking for a foster or forever home and hopes it's this side of Christmas please!

"I had a long and busy walk with Cassie today. We played together in the snow in the paddock first and then dashed off into the woods to find some squirrels. A few birds were chased off today! A blackbird had the nerve to land beside her in the paddock - it didn't hang about for long though.

I have noticed that Cassie is always very well behaved if I'm talking to someone and sits by my side. A few people have commented on how nice natured and patient she is. She always says hello nicely and isn't 'in your face' She waits until I've finished talking and then off we go at breakneck speed again.

Cassie does come back and sit for treats, but not if she's concentrating on the tree tops!

After a couple of hours out, she goes straight back into her kennel without any problem at all.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 07:46 PM
My fingers are firmly crossed for her, she is adorable xxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Cassie had a lovely walk in the sunshine yesterday with one of our volunteer walkers:

"She was super keen....full of beans and went like a rocket although she did calm down after a bit! I gave her an extra long session as it was so nice out and she was really enjoying herself.

She posed for some photos, met some admiring walkers and other dogs very politely - just pleased by all the attention. She really is a stunning looking dog. I wonder if a halti would alleviate the pulling? "

Cassie showing her best side -

Yes, you may admire me from this side -

Look at my beautiful eyes -
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Such a shame she hasn't found that forever home yet, she is beautiful
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“Dear Cassie, you know you will always be given an industrial sized welcome from this sweet affectionate girl! She adores her cuddles and kisses and is so exuberant and full of joy when she has every right to be fed up. But her spirits are high and she loved her walk with Phoebe and Ava, investigating all that the woods have to offer and making friends with everyone”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Cassie was, as Sam said before, much calmer and definitely less fixated on tree inhabiting creatures. Lorraine, a new walker, took Cassie today and managed fine. As always Cassie was full of lovely kisses and got lots of cuddles and kisses back. She also got a juicy bone to munch after her walk which made her happy. She has lost a lot of weight and is looking too much like Kate Moss in the rib department despite extra rations.

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh dear - is she losing weight because of the stress of being kennelled? She's such a doll - I so wish I could take her
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:35 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennels walkers:

“Cassie has been constantly bouncing in her kennels and her feet are now bleeding, so to give her a break from bouncing and a change of scenery, I took her out for a ride in the car. I'm so glad I did as I saw a very different Cassie today.

Before we left, we sat in the car and shared a cheese sandwich and some biscuits - I offered Cassie a cup of tea but was politely turned down! After lunch we went to a common about 15 minutes away. Cassie sat in the front and hardly moved, just watching what was going on outside. Not a murmur.

When we got to the common we had a shorter than usual walk - she was very calm, hardly pulled at all and came straight back to me when I called her. Met a greyhound very nicely, but nobody else was out today.

On the way back, she first of all sat up in the car looking forward, then after a couple of minutes, she curled up and went to sleep.

I was amazed, as she can't stay still in her kennel and as soon as she comes out of it, she has so much energy. I really thought she'd be difficult to manage in the car - I'm glad that I was completely wrong.

So, she may have plenty of get up and go, but she also knows how to 'chill out'. She just needs to 'chill out' more often instead of winding herself up in kennels and wearing herself out. Her food has been changed today, so hopefully she will start putting on some of the weight she's lost.

Until I was so close to her today, I didn't appreciate how lovely she is - her eyes just melt your heart. I wish someone would give her a chance - she really needs it now.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
An update on Cassie from one of our lovely walkers:

“I think Cassie was still on a high from her lovely time away yesterday - she was very upbeat and sweet as always. I walked her in a harness which I found much easier and she seemed a lot calmer today. We had a good cuddle half way round and a pose for photos - she is looking stunning, has put on weight and she gleamed in the sunlight! Cassie is truly fantastic around all other dogs, I cannot think of a dog with a more generous, beautiful temperament".

k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Wow, she is such a cutie. WHY is she still looking for a home Have to say, i'd have her like a shot but could never keep up with all the pics that would need posted, lol.

Seriously, she is lovely. Everything is crossed for you girlie
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »