Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
So what did they say when you told them you'd already done it once? They can't just leave it like that without giving you further advice.
We were told just too keep trying & ring them back
& Roy, the PC is connected DIRECTLY to the modem, sorry if i did not make this clear. The router is connected to the Modem, and the laptop works with the router.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 08:45 PM
If it doesn't work the first time, why would it work if you keep trying Me thinks they are stalling
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi Luke.

Is the PC connected to the cable modem using USB cable ?

{I didn't think that you were allowed to use both USB and ethernet ports at the same time}

If it is using USB, can you use an ethernet cable to connect the ROUTER to your PC and then use the instructions I gave earlier to set it up.
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi,
Have you managed to sort it yet?
Ive had this problem as well,it lasted 3 days & im with Ntl as well. My computer connects directly through the ethernet cable into my set-top box. My tv channels were really playing up & locking/freezing as well.
I tried absolutely everything to get it working again but nothing worked & Ntl are rubbish IMO if there are problems.
I ended up reformatting my hard-drive through desperation & thats done the trick...i am now fully back online Im seriously considering changing my provider now as im not going to keep reformatting my hard-drive just to establish an internet connection when they have been fiddling with things their end

sarah
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Still no joy...will give NTL a ring in a bit..although they are being as much use as butter handcuffs!!
Question..the windows o that pc is a copied version-didn't know this when it was purchased off a relative who builds them it was doing the auto update the other day and there was a problem because of the windows..not being able to update it etc, could this be where the problem stemmed from?
Or it is because of NTL..cause it did say local area connection had little or no connectivity...
I give in!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Luke, try swapping your cables. Use the laptop cable on the pc to see if it works. It'll then rule out a dodgy cable.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Right we STILL have no joy....have been on the phone EVERYDAY since to NTL with no joy..today they refused it was anything to do with their connection and that it HAD to be the linksys fault..so ring them.
Seven, count them SEVEN hours on the phone to the Linksys people wo ere VERY helpful and literally went through EVERYTHING..still no joy! Meaning its something o do with the pc..or how the connection is being received, but the Linksys people said more likely something has gone on with the pc.
I give in..literally! I'm going to have my cousins hubby who is a computer tech come n check it all out at the weekend to check it all out..and if that gives me no joy, i shall have to call it a day on the pc, and finally get the laptop (one im using is me mothers)i've been considering for a while, as according to the Linksys people it sounds as if there is BIG problems with the pc itself..
PFFSH im now shattered and if i speak to anyone on the phone again it will be too soon!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3