Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Daily routine

Crikey, 3 weeks in from getting Marco and we still haven't nailed a daily routine! Where does the time go, well, 1 & half to 2 hours a day walking the dog obviously takes a reasonable chunk now.... but not my point, or maybe it is, I don't know.

It certainly hasn't been a 'normal' 3 weeks. We still feel like we are a bit in chaos. I'm not complaining, as we love im to bits, but just wonder....

Does it ever settle back down?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 12:23 PM
In short.....no! It kind of takes over your life completely, you have to fit everything else in AROUND the dog/dogs I'm afraid, so it's kiss goodbye to your normal life, but think how slim and fit you're gonna be with all that new exercise, and how low your blood pressure is gonna be by having a furry friend to love and stroke, it's all worth it in the end!

If you want a routine, and you want that "normal" back, then try and work it so that the dog fits around YOU instead of the other way around lol!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I dont know if it ever settles down, think its more you just get used to it and then it becomes normal for you lol
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-08-2011, 12:36 PM
You know what, my OH has been on WW diets for ages losing weight, and me a bit too. But in the 3 weeks we've had him and the massive increase in exercise (albeit mostly walking) we've only lost about 1lb each! lol
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Routine... I have forgotten the meaning of the word since I was 12 having dogs and horses- they certainly stir daily life up! But it does keep me out of trouble