Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2004, 03:50 PM

When you get home!

I came home from work yesterday, the last working day of a week that had been rotten, and the dogs greeted me as usual. And for the first time it TRULY hit me of the pure joy and delight in a dog's greeting when it's humans come home

Both boys had their soft toys in their mouths, and they were dancing about, bums waggling, tails going a million to the dozen! Older, bolder boy then jumped onto a chair to get up to my face height, and he was literally squeeling with delight (although the squeels were a bit muffled by his soft toy!). Quieter, younger boy contented himself with bumping his head against my hand whilst still performing his frantic waggle dance of delight.

As I watched them and petted them and said hello, it really struck home just how lucky we all are to have dogs All that unconditional love and joy directed just at us, even when you come home grumpy and miserable As for the cat, it just sneered at me, yawned, and went back to sleep

Lesley
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2004, 04:10 PM
That is exactly right.They are always soo cheerful no matter what, even buds is today after a major op yesterday.I wish people were as happy!!Mine read my moods and know when i'm feeling a bit off ,as i have been v unwell recently, they have really cheered me up!!I will miss them when i go in for my op, 5 days without my dogs!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Just think of the welcome Sally, when you get home 5 days worth of kisses.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2004, 04:28 PM
lesley that sounds so nice, id love a dog like that
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2004, 04:41 PM
oddly enough I was just thinking the same thing myself having had 'a bad humans day' without fail dogs are happy to see you and content to go anywhere and do anything if you are there. Its a terrible thing to say I know but I prefer dogs to most humans You know where you are with dogs!!! My idea of heaven is an island with no humans ...me, my computer,lots of dogs and a hellicopter to get me to the vets if need be
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Its funny that we just got back from Cardiff and Rocky was the exact same He got lots of cuddles in return!

Glad you are back Lesley!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2004, 06:26 PM
I know how you feel, I've just come out of hospital, just a one night stay, but when I walked through the doors the dogs instead of bounding up to me, carefully walked up and licked my hands........how do they know when we're not well! What would we do without them
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2004, 06:34 PM
I know what you mean. My girl Luna is always so happy to see me, and has to show me a toy or a bone when I come home. She's just so cute, and I can't help but smile
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Hope all is ok CC xx
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2004, 04:59 AM
You're so right Leslie It drives me crazy when the kids or my husband don't even take notice as the dogs are vying for a pat hello We shouldn't take them for granted.

Hope you are ok CC
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >