View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd definitely get someone in to Mo sit for the day, and then you can relax totally and enjoy yourself. It would be a nightmare if you had to leave her in the car, you'd be forever worrying and popping out there and I'm sure Mo would be much happier at home. Failing that, then as you say, somebody might be able to take her for the day perhaps? I wouldn't take her with me, worst case scenario if she got out and was in strange territory, it could be a nightmare if she chased one of the cats etc. etc. Enjoy your day, relax and meet your long lost family without any other worries.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 06:05 PM
b or c too - for the added bonus that -heaven forbid- you find yourself wishing to get away, you can always say "I need to get back for Mo"
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 06:46 PM
i would have a chat befor hand ,tell them mo ,likes dislikes ,they willl no doubt ,but mo first ,under the circumstances ,then i would take mo for run befor hand ,then turn up with mo in tow ,no doubt they will ,put there furries out the way . then i would have a lovely time together ,good luck nippy enjoy ,what a lovely suprise
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 07:34 PM
I would opt for (b) or (c) too. There are a lot of unknowns and there could be a chance encounter with Mo and the cat even if the bunnies and guinea pigs are safely in their hutches. Perhaps take Mo next time when you have sussed out the lie of the land?
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2009, 09:20 PM
D isnt an Optician......lol. Sorry but made me chuckle.

If it were me id leave Mo at home and get someone in to check on her
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Granny Nippy I'd love to look after Mo, again, if only I wasn't so far away.

I'd leave her home this time and get someone to come in and have a look on her. Then, when you're there you can suss the place out for next time.

Oh and guinea pigs normally live outside in a pen, but I bet she'd like a go at them ;o)
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree with what has been said already, all it takes is a moment and your new family loses a much loved pet . . .

I know we wouldn't be able to trust Cassie in the same situation and she would stay at my mum and dads.

Pidge: Some guinea pigs can live in the house as well, we had a great guy called Bob who lived in an indoor pen with his mrs.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone, hubby and I have talked it over and decided that it would not be fair on them or their animals to have Mo there. Everyone would be on edge (well I would!)
We also think that Mo would be happier in her own home with her numerous beds and toys than being made to sit in one place and being constantly watched.
I have spoken to my neighbour she is willing to come in and sit with Mo. She won't need walking we will give her a long run before we go (Mo I mean not the neighbour!!!)
It is 3 weeks away yet but I will let you know how it all goes when I get back.

MissE your reply really made me laugh because we had discussed that possibility too
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Nippy, drop Mo off at mine and Monty will take care of her!! Or harass her all day, he loses the ability to sit still when other dogs are around!!

Whereabouts in Devon have you got to go? I agree that it would be better off to sort something else for Mo. Imagine how guilty you would feel if she got one of the guinea pigs?!?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Esme we are going to Hatherleigh, so we have to nip across Dartmoor and up to the north side.
I don't think this is near you, and anyway I think it would be Mo doing the harrassing
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >