View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 06:35 PM

advice please - how to stop him licking wound after op?

well scruffys op went well, hes got a bit cut up his leg. Problem is, he keeps licking it, i cant seem to find the bitter bite stuff so is there anything i can put on it tonight so he wont be tempted to lick it? its making it all red and sore.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi Jenny,

Can you put a light bandage on it ?

I've done that and then put one of my socks over it and and held the sock tight ( not too tight, I might add) with some plaster.

Then put a plastic bag on the sock, if Mick has wanted to go to the loo in the garden.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 06:49 PM
its too far up his leg to cover it with a bandage. just tried it and it wont work

also i think the air needs to get to it.

is there anythin like bitter bite that i can put on it that wont get it infected
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I think you would be better with one of those lampshades to stop him getting at it. They sell them at pets at home for about £3.50 and I put one on Benji every night to stop him scratching his ears in the night and making them bleed. Benji has a size 3 so I suppose scruffy would need the same size as he is a Bichon too.