View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2023, 03:27 PM
That's good Sue they are putting it through the insurance.
I wonder what made it the way it is ??????? Guess you and us will never know.
We are hoping by the weekend we will be sorted car wise it's a nightmare looking for cars with decent MOT records now and the prices people want for rubbish is unbelievable.
I guess if it's meant to be,it will happen we haven't handed any more money over.

Just had the oddest thing, we listed the tent we bought last year the great big air tent cost about £1000 plus hook up cable with sockets, two burner stove with grill, almost full gas bottle and the carpet and a few other bits and bobs.
Within seconds Gorden had a message. Had we still got it ? Did we have the receipt no we don't.
Can I collect next week ? Well we were thinking what like a lot of people you decide not to turn up and others were able to come quicker.
In the end she asked for bank details, Gorden checked out her profile a bit empty, so he said no to the bank details.
She kept on coming at what of this or that, we have left it, we thought to dodgy we might find by tomorrow the bank account was empty.
He is going to keep her updated on the situation and if it hasn't gone and she still wants it she can bring cash.

Chris I had a card for Max 22 years ago, a lovely card and poem for Ollie and flowers and a card for Dillon.
All these thoughtful gestures are lovely but boy do they make the tears flow again. More hugs coming.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 04:03 PM
Shame we are not nearer Lynn my nephew and his girlfriend are looking for a inflatable (by preference) tent.

But it does sound odd though Lynn and given your run of odd people maybe best cash is king

Sue will mention it to the chap at work its his parents or parents in laws car apparently
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2023, 04:42 PM
Our thoughts too Kazz knowing the way our luck has been going with cars, that would likely be the next issue.
Yes its a shame, bit big to post.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Our thoughts too Kazz knowing the way our luck has been going with cars, that would likely be the next issue.
Yes its a shame, bit big to post.
They are looking 2 or 3 man as not sure its for them although you never know they are young its there way of getting away together my nephew lives with flatmate and his girlfriend with her parents
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2023, 06:08 PM
RE Sues' car front windscreen. I have been doing a bit of research (nearly said looking into it) and it is not that uncommon. rRead reports of of the same happening on different makes including German. All I can conclude is that the way the glass is manufactured now makes the glass a little softer. Also the angle of the front screen may well contribute to the effect.
quantity agaist quality is the norm now on most things
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2