Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 07:26 AM

Sunny Sunday 28th May 2023

Morning all. Chris my heart goes out to you. I had a similar poem sent to me and forget me knot seeds. Please keep going for your walks. Rosie will be with you always. Kelly I didn't know Steve had lost Molly? Hope everyone has a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2023, 08:13 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sunny here too.

Chris I can totally relate to how you are feeling. The biggest of hugs being sent to you and Dave.
griff I didn't know Steve had lost Molly either ? I am so sorry if I have read it right.
Kazz any garden centres today ?
Sue hope you have a calm Sunday.

Regarding the car.
I did a check for outstanding finance thankfully none, not been scrapped, not stolen.
Gorden is contacting him today to ask if he has sorted the process of returning our deposit ? If not we may go ahead still as finding another car which ticks a lot of the boxes and has a good mot record are rare as hens teeth.
We are not pleased with the way he has done this but after sleeping on it and talking this morning this may be the better option.
If he has returned the deposit although it isn't showing in our bank yet we will move on and keep looking.

Wishing everyone a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 09:14 AM
Oh god....sorry, I meant Max, not Molly....mind you, she's been on my mind a lot lately, she's going to be 11 this year and is a very large dog.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2023, 09:48 AM
No apology needed griff just glad to read Molly is still with us.

Guy got back rubbing his grubby little hands, he had obviously not sent the money.
OK see you Thursday he replied.
Do you know these episodes we have had regarding cars have made me very racist.
One we saw weeks ago at a dealer the floor was coming apart, a broken back door handle and he wants over £2500 for it and he was saying very clean car.
I am so suspicious
This guy Thursday will know just how much he has peed me off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 09:51 AM
Lynn, I am sure you can apply for a log book as a new keeper but without the green slip... there's usually a fee for a lost v5 but they waive it in that situation as they would be issuing a new v5 anyway.... it's a risk though.....or, get him to apply, it's £25 and usually only takes 5 days...if he wants the sale and you can hang on until the logbook comes
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-log-book
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Given what you have stated....make him apply for the logbook
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 10:14 AM
Chris

I had a letter/card from the vets after loosing Gert but I have not been able to open it. My heart goes out to you both.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone roast chicken for dinner today slightly cooler as well
No garden centre today but a drive out to have a just a recce of somewhere.

Has anyone seen the new TV show starting BBC2 Wednesday 9pm The Gallows Pole it looks really interesting so shall record. Also have recorded Maryland Also looking forward to recording Spy In The Ocean BBC1 in June sometimes

Lynn Hmm but as my Dad used to say "if they have what you want and it suits you buy it you don't see them again not everyone is an honest John don't cut your nose off to spite your face"

Griff Glad I arrived late to the party as I now see you meant Max not Molly. Have a good day

Brenda When are you and Margaret off galivanting again?

Sue Have a good day, did the windscreen get sorted I ask as someone at work said his Dad has a problem with bits on his windscreen he is thinking of getting a new windscreen as it annoys him so much sound like yours no cause.

Right off I go for my recce while my chicken cooks catch you all shortly being only 5"2 I mean LOL .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2023, 01:19 PM
We need the vin number I think griff and haven't the time at the moment to get there before Thursday. Or I suppose we could ring/message him and ask him to get it and pass it on.
He will know how unhappy and what chaos he has caused.
Yes Kazz it suits us that's why we did the roundabout turn, the insurance company will think I'm going mad, insuring, cancelling then insuring again.
Maybe I shouldn't have won the gun yesterday.
I think it sticks in my craw a bit to hand over the rest of the cash to an incompetent dealer.

Still my friends call put things in perspective, her big boy Brigg is struggling not 6 till November.
Not sure what it is but he is unsteady on his limbs and moping around.
He is having x-rays Tuesday unless the vet has an emergency. Then he might have to wait an extra day or two.
We sincerely hope he doesn't have to wait he is worse after his visit to the vet Tuesday.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2023, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Do hope the car is sorted Lynn.

Enjoy your day Brenda

I am having a new windscreen fitted at the beginning of June Kazz as I cannot do anything with the screen and it is annoying when the sun is at a certain angle making it very difficult to concentrate on driving and not looking at the mess of the sparkles. I am lucky as Autoglass is putting it through the insurance for me. Perhaps the person you know should do the same if he has windscreen cover. You have to pay an excess but no where near the cost of a new screen. This is the screen on my car and not Barry's which is not quite as bad but may look into that a little later.

Have spent the morning and just go in from the garden. The ground is hard but at least the daffodil leaves are now cut down so looking a lot tidier

Take care everyone
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >