Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 07:36 AM

Sunny Saturday 13th May 2023

Morning all to come on this sunny morning but breezy morning. Well I must be lucky as the tablets that I ordered from ebay for allergy has been cancelled so having to buy some yesterday from the pharmacy meant that I at least saved some pennies. Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow. On a not so sunny day here in the fens.
Been to look at the Citroen C8 that has sliding doors.
We walked away if he gets what he wants for it he will be lucky. Needs to be a lot less than he is asking.
So back to the drawing board.
We might pop out later to get the flooring for our bedroom now ploughing on with jobs that need to be done before a naughty bundle of fur arrives.

Some good news brenda fingers crossed they work.
Chris how are things with you and the family ?

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 11:45 AM
Brilliant news Brenda.... saving money is a good thing, hope the tablets work
Lynn, I found that a lot of cars are over priced now, I think it is because people can't afford to upgrade now. Steve got very very lucky with his buy, I was glad to see the end of weekends car hunting with him and days of messages " can you look at this and check the history"
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 12:16 PM
Good afternoon all

Cold, 'bracing' and cloudy here so it's been back to winter clothes. Yesterday we got frozen to the bone and couldn't get warmed up until early evening - brrrrr

Linda is still in hospital with fluid on one lung, pneumonia in the other and heart failure. The kids, bless 'em, are on the hunt for a funeral director today so we should know more soon although it's looking likely that Linda will have to miss the funeral which isn't good

We've been reminiscing today about all the fun things my brother got up to when he was younger as the kids don't know much about his life when we were all kids and want to include some of the things at the funeral. It's been lovely to remember all the good, mischievious things he got up to with my sister.

My granddaughter has got player of the year for her club (Barnsley FC Ladies) and was the top scorer. So proud of her - she's doing amazingly well

Still no news from the dental vets so we are no further forward with that. Hopefully, Monday will bring some news. The lump is very big now, but still not bothering her. We are making the most of every single day with her as I have a bad feeling about it all. I hope I'm wrong
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 01:37 PM
Good afternoon everyone

I hate car hunting Lynn we ended up getting mine from a dealer it was an ex demo and they gave me top back for my exchange vehicle so very pleased. Barry had to have new Good luck in riding something suitable

Fingers crossed for Rosies results Chris and some good news re Linda. Shame she may miss the funeral.

Well done unsaying only Brenda and hope the tablets work for you.

Busy this morning. Teazle walked, bedding washed dried and ironed. Also made macaronis cheese for lunch at the request of Ana. Barry and Sarah don't like it so had to cook them something else. Ben the girls and I also played two games of cards. Don't ask me what the game is called but it is very popular in Brazil. I also enjoy playing as it tests your powers of observation and thinking. Now having a quiet afternoon.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Chris sorry to hear about your SIL.
It's nice to remember your siblings and the fun things they did and how you laughed together.
Sorry no news from the dental vet, have everything crossed your feelings are wrong.
Wow Sue another busy busy day, sounds like it was fun too.
Enjoy your well deserved rest.

Got the flooring. Not sure if it's my age but paid and thought that seems a lot so I questioned the bill.
The young girl was very arsey about it, so off I went to check and the bill was correct I had been looking at the square metre price not the pack price.
So I went back and apologised with a smile. She looked at me as if I was stupid and wasted her time.
I have worked in retail and many customer based jobs on the phone too. When someone apologises especially laughing about it you respond in the same way ?
Making a quip about age and glasses maybe ? Not her honestly I give up with some of the youth today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 09:06 PM
Good afternoon all well evening now actually made a purchase of a "cordless strimmer" WOW revolutionised my world so good. Had a voucher from work "they are rewards" as such and you can choose so choose Argos and the sale price meant I paid under £2.00 cash so chuffed as well. Goes with my push mower no wires all for the good and I can take to the cemetery as well and cut the grass back there.

Watched a good film I had recorded on sky "The Monuments Men" based around a true story starring and directed by George Clooney really enjoyed it. Worth a watch.

Been nice here this afternoon especially and all bedding dried nicely. Been out and about and in and out. The allotment is cancelled for tomorrow problem with something so we are giving it a miss so going to enjoy my day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all to come on this sunny morning but breezy morning. Well I must be lucky as the tablets that I ordered from ebay for allergy has been cancelled so having to buy some yesterday from the pharmacy meant that I at least saved some pennies. Hope you all have a good day.
Hope your thinking brought you some resolution, and you find relief from the itching.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning brenda and all to follow. On a not so sunny day here in the fens.
Been to look at the Citroen C8 that has sliding doors.
We walked away if he gets what he wants for it he will be lucky. Needs to be a lot less than he is asking.
So back to the drawing board.
We might pop out later to get the flooring for our bedroom now ploughing on with jobs that need to be done before a naughty bundle of fur arrives.

Some good news brenda fingers crossed they work.
Chris how are things with you and the family ?

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

You will find the right car. Have you thought of looking on agility.net (the agility dog forum) they often have vehicles for sale marketplace that can tow caravans etc due to nature of the site.

Surprising how you can get spurred on when you need to all Mañana until you get a reason to move quicker like a puppy a great reason.

When do you get to go view the excitement is building, and thats just me
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Brilliant news Brenda.... saving money is a good thing, hope the tablets work
Lynn, I found that a lot of cars are over priced now, I think it is because people can't afford to upgrade now. Steve got very very lucky with his buy, I was glad to see the end of weekends car hunting with him and days of messages " can you look at this and check the history"
Hope you are feeling okay today and did the gas man reappear
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >