Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 08:37 AM

Wednesday walked 10th May 2023

Morning all. Yep walked this morning. Lovely out. Lynn I am so envious and like you say lots of life still in you and hubby. Just wish I could have one here. Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 10:02 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow, Off to work shortly and hoping for a nice day to sit outside again noting like reading in the garden.

Brenda This is merely a thought but an acquaintance of mine lives in a rental flat and their neighbour applied to the landlord to ask about getting a dog the landlord agreed with a deposit for damage but my thought is may it be worth asking now you are an established good tenant?

Chris How are you? Is your sister okay following the hospital visit where there was covid, and how s your sister in law?

Lynn "P" day and counting down but first where are you going on holiday with the family? and are you going to get another trip to Spain in first?

Griff Hope you feel okay in yourself.

Sue Suspect you will be busy as always did your youngest granddaughter stay or go back with Mom?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Fairly good day some more washing out and that's it for a few days. All caught up now.

brenda, Kazz's suggestion is a good one, might be worth an ask.
Kazz there are 9 puppies first litter and first time the sire has been used.
They were delivered by c-section. There are 7 boys and 2 girls. Someone was saying at the event there seem to be bigger male litters at the moment.
We might not get the pick of litter but the photos sent Sunday we would be happy with any of the boys.
griff yes we will be ok. It just seems like a long time since we did the puppy and training thing. 11.5 years.
We are both here together now so that will make it easier and we have decided we might get into obedience and carting.
Chris as per Kazz's post from me.
Sue hoping your day is a calm one.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased you had a good walk Brenda. As Kazz says maybe worth asking they can only say no.

I expect you havre a hart marking down the days to puppy pickup Lynn

Hope you manage to get a read in the garden `Kazz

Day off from duties. Barry is busy putting new handles on the doors upstairs so that will mean I will have to go and clean up behind him. He asked me what I was doing today and then said that the piece of wood he had to replace to hold the water butt needed painting! Well I have done as I was told and painted it. Have also tidied app the broken shed. Am wondering do I really need it now as will only need a couple of small pots to bring on a few seeds and they can stay in the greenhouse or the big shed. Have also potted on the list melon seedling and a lavender one. Just need to give thermal some tic now.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 10:50 AM
Morning all....just
Brenda, a house round here was a rental with a no pet rule, the owners agreed to a dog with an agreement that the carpets would be cleaned on leaving and damage paid for.
Kazz, I am o.k thank you, just very very tired and just about to attempt cleaning out under the stairs, I have no clue what I am going to do with the stuff though
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 05:42 PM
There is something in the rental thing but I have to be sensible about money. Never mind.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 05:57 PM
Good evening

Thank you for all the good wishes.

My sister-in-law is still in hospital so we have no idea as yet on funeral arrangements. It's all very hazy at the moment because their kids are obviously in bits so none of us want to bother them for another couple of days yet. Offers of help have been given, but so far none taken up

It's a case of so far so good for my sister. She has another few days yet until we know whether she is in the clear as there is a two week incubation period with covid. She's testing twice a week and so far they've all been negative thank goodness

Took Rosie to the vets this afternoon because the lump in her bottom jaw has really grown. She's still eating and drinking fine and no ill effects so far but it is growing. Her own vet is baffled as are the other vets in the practice who were called in for a look so photo's were taken and they are going through to the veterinary dental hospital for their view. Rosie's vet says they may advise having half her bottom jaw removed to totally get rid of it all, but she would advise against - putting quality of life first and foremost. We'd already discussed that between ourselves before we went this afternoon as I have been reading up on it and we both said that we won't put her through that and will just carry on as we are if that is the only option and when she has any ill effects (which I hope she won't) then we will help her out to go peacefully

Lynn I am so pleased to hear your new(s. The pitter patter of tiny (or in this case not so tiny) paws is always so very exciting. I bet you can't wait
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2023, 07:30 PM
griff hope you've found homes for the stuff from under the stairs.

Chris I hope your sister remains clear.
Hopefully you will hear soon about help if needed and arrangements for the funeral.
I agree with your decision about Rosie. If she is eating and drinking hopefully that decision will not have to be taken for a long time yet.

Yes excited about the puppy a little apprehensive too a big commitment again especially now we are getting older.
We will enjoy him when he arrives and it will do us good to have a lively young puppy causing havoc, the bungalow isn't the same, even though Dillon had slowed down when we moved here, he still had his funny and cheeky moments, till he slowed right down and wasn't enjoying life anymore.
We need the space filled in our hearts and the home.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning all....just
Brenda, a house round here was a rental with a no pet rule, the owners agreed to a dog with an agreement that the carpets would be cleaned on leaving and damage paid for.
Kazz, I am o.k thank you, just very very tired and just about to attempt cleaning out under the stairs, I have no clue what I am going to do with the stuff though
You sound like my sister she cleared out the under stairs cupboard the other week apparently and according to her husband put it all back in ah well kept her busy
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Chris that is good news about your sister and hopefully you will get some information from your nieces/nephews it is hard at any time but to have their remaining parent in hospital must be beyond imagining. Sure they are also thinking of taking care of you and your sister as well. If they need want anything they will now you are there .

My family and I wish you and yours all the best in this unsettling and heat breaking time,

Your decision about Rosie is of course the right one no one knows her better than you two do and no one cares more quality of life is very important for us all.

Love and hugs to all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >