Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2023, 11:59 AM

Coronation Saturday 6.5.23

Had to be the title of the thread didn't it.

Good afternoon all, suspect you are all busy with life.

I have been to work this morning and loaned a few books to one of the guys who is off on holiday. Came home to heavyish rain, got the coronation on the tv but on the computer now as you can attest to reading this post

I was planning on being out this afternoon but my friends hubby has tested positive for covid. So staying away

Not planning on doing anything but nothing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2023, 12:17 PM
Afternoon all
Been out this morning and renewed Costco membership then went to Lidl and coming back passed two bad crashes.... probably down to the weather and I guess one caused by aquaplaning.... brand new road and no drainage.... mental
Not watching any part of the coronation but feel sorry for those who had planned parties
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2023, 02:54 PM
Good afternoon Kazz and Kelly

Shame about your friends husband hope he recovers quickly and that you can then you can have your trip out.

Kelly you should take the rest of the day off. It doesn't seem to matter whether roads are new or not. Round here the main south coast road is always flooded to about halfway across in parts and when dark you can't see it, no street lighting either.

Hve dipped in and out o the Coronation. Saw the crowing ceremony and then just listened as I rubbed down fie doors and painted three doors and skirting in the hall. Two more doors to do tomorrow and the rest of the skirting then will have to move upstairs.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2023, 03:42 PM
Good afternoon all.

Nice and sunny here until about 2 pm and it's been sort of drizzling since then

Brand new roads !! We just have potholes (even on the pavements, I kid you not)

Dave started to take the greenhouse down and then of course it started the drizzling thing so he has decided to leave the rest of it until the next fine day (hopefully tomorrow)

Not seen much of the coronation, but have caught up with the edited highlights. So beautifully orchestrated from start to finish by the looks of it. Makes you proud to be British
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2023, 04:29 PM
What got me is Charles his pledge to the country yet failed to honour his wedding vows to Diana. How on earth can anyone respect a cheeter-liar? going behind ones wifes back to shack up with another woman in my opinion is the lowest of the low. If he was divorced first then that is a different matter.
during the coronation one part was showing him touching a gold ring, BUT did you notice what the ring was mounted on?
well let me tell you, it looked exactly like a penis but made of a cloth material. I kid you not.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2023, 05:53 PM
Lol....Barry, that made me chuckle! A penis made of cloth!!
I agree, I believe in you finish up your business then move on, the only good thing I would say about Camilla is.....she adopts dogs from Battersea.
Sue, busy busy busy.... again!
Chris, I hope you have good weather tomorrow as I know the half done greenhouse will bother you
I decided to get some of that powerfoam spray toilet cleaner stuff, I can confirm it does actually work upside down!!
I then decided to clean a slow draining sink..... yeah, that resulted in me making it worse and dad had to dismantle the pipes, cleaned them all out and after a few times of it leaking.....all done, water whizzes away now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2023, 09:45 PM
I think he should have married Camilla when he first wanted to instead of bowing down to pressure. Diana went into the marriage with rose tinted glasses. She was far too young for him. She had her fair share of affairs too. Not a happy marriage start to finish