Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2023, 08:38 AM

Friendly Friday 5th May 2023

Morning all. Hope you had a good evening and the birds are still around Kelly. Went for a lovely walk this morning and saw a lovely lady that was helpful to me when I first moved down here. She nattered for quite awhile and said any time she doesn't look busy call in for a natter. Anyway weather doesn't look good for the weekend. At least his maj will be under cover. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2023, 09:20 AM
Good morning Brenda. Pleased you had a good walk in the dry.

Sorry to read about your sister Chris let us hope that she hasn't caught it. How can they not tell her.

Lovely here too but dark clouds keep looming but so far it has stayed dry. Have now put everything that I can back in the lounge the rest will have to wait until the carpet is laid. Also cleaned the windows inside in the conservatory and lounge. Last night we put the new handles on some of the doors, still waiting for some to be delivered. Barry is now busy doing the bathroom and ensuite ones. They are a bit moe difficult as they have a thumb lock on them also. At least most of the old holes are covered by the new handles so not much filling to do

Sorry Kelly I did not answer your question about Ben's work pattern. No he doesn't work shits but sometime he can work from home, in which case he can take them to school and sometimes pick them up. If he has to go in he has an hours journey so leaves before they can go and then he might not get home until 5.30 so I am on duty then. At least whilst mum has been here I have been able to take them home and then come back home myself. She is going home tomorrow so a sad week next week I am afraid.

Take care everyne.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2023, 10:01 AM
Morning everyone washing on the line and nowt to do. LOL

Brenda A new acquaintance /friend in the offing, glad you enjoyed your walk. No the weather looks a little ominous for the coronation doesn't it.

Oh No Sue has her time already elapsed so fast, does that mean your youngest granddaughter is going back as well?

Chris Here my fingers are crossed your sister does not pick it up still a shameful way to act in a hospital duty of care?????

Off to M&S and then potter have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2023, 10:16 AM
Good morning all.

Back early today as rain was forecast so we went down in the car which I hate doing. Of course, it didn't rain at all

Kazz, the hospital my brother is in is absolutely appalling when it comes to caring for their patients. It's why I have little sympathy with the nurses strike. Unfortunately though, he isn't fit enough to be at home and there is a real risk of choking if they do let him home.

Sue, is Ben still thinking of moving back to Brazil for good? A very difficult situation I imagine
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Evening all
Ahhhh, I get it now sue! I am sorry you dil is going back so soon...I hope she has perhaps considered a move here, hopefully she will see how the girls have settled
Brenda, I am glad you have reconnected with your friend. I haven't seen the birds but....I haven't been here
I saw my consultant today, I am gutted! My eds is causing me issues now and I have a lot more treatment coming my way