Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 07:25 AM

Tis Thursday 4th May 2023

Morning all. Chris hope the sofa moves go smoothly. Kelly, Margaret said that her blue tits are late this year. So, maybe yours will turn up soon to. Hope everyone has a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 07:55 AM
Good morning Brenda and all

Looks a lovely morning (other than the 20 mph easterly) so we'll be off out soon.

A day off from sorting stuff out (I hope) - bliss

Gary has the dentist tomorrow afternoon to properly fix the crown that broke off after a couple of months. Then it's the hunt for a new dentist, but I doubt we'll find one. Some have been waiting years now on waiting lists and still no joy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Morning all
Brenda, my problem is that my blue tits were here.... been here a few weeks and now they have gone! They were renewing the nest and we haven't seen them since Sunday, I can only assume the kids next door scared them.... properly gutted I am.
Best of luck with the dentist Chris and the hunt for a new one, we are lucky here, there are a lot of NHS dentists that accept new patients
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 10:48 AM
Good morning just

Hope hunt for dentist goes well and also the appointment. Good luck with the sofa moving

They may come back Kelly fingers crossed

Decorating now finished and just got to finish putting the room back together. Out this afternoon to look at another riding school which apparently is nearer. We will see.

Take care everyne
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 11:02 AM
Good morning all

Brenda glad Margaret made it and you enjoyed your day.

Sue Glad all at decorating central 101 is going well only the carpets now then.

Chris Sue the sofa delivery and collection will go well, what on earth would you do with your time of not problem solving eh? LOL To whom is the riding school nearer?

Griff Hopefully they have simply been scared off nothing more untoward has happened. How is Steve's car going?

Lynn Hope you are having a nice time

Well in work later this afternoon been watching the antics over the way to me the newest people in the Croft have had a couple of guys come and jet wash their roof (yes the roof) they have also now proceeded to just wash the front and back of the house including the porch roofs and also the shed roof the shed adjoins next door so the one guy has climbed a ladder and jet washed all the "cr&p" into next doors who have only last week or two had new UPVC windows and slabs laid I am watching the words ongoing at the moment but have to say I would not be happy if I was the neighbour. Two ambulances and a paramedic response in my road, hope the old chap top of the Croft is alright he has dementia or something and has had a couple of falls lately. Although not sure where they have gone too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 03:36 PM
Kazz, it's bad practice to jet wash the roof..... people don't realise that and yep, always arguments over all the sh*te being blown into the neighbouring gardens, over the windows, cars etc, certainly a good way to ruin neighbour relations.
I am soooooooooo excited, I caught one of the blue tits in the nest box, the squeal of delight from me lol. The bird just looked at me like I was mental
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 04:12 PM
See they came back. Birds care quite resilient to noises around them especially if they are a returning pair. Wonderful.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 04:16 PM
They nested here last year and had babies, just one egg failed to hatch last year, I am hopeful of more babies this year.....the bloody stress of animals.
Kazz, Steve's car seems o.k thanks, I dare say if the weather is o.k Sunday/ Monday, he might wash it again
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 09:54 PM
My sister called me tonight to update on my brother. They have now moved him into a single room. He can't even talk now.

I am fuming though. They let my sister into visit him yesterday without telling her that he now has covid on top of everything else. My sister is 80 years old in July. She didn't find out until my niece 'phoned her today. So much for caring nurses
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2023, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My sister called me tonight to update on my brother. They have now moved him into a single room. He can't even talk now.

I am fuming though. They let my sister into visit him yesterday without telling her that he now has covid on top of everything else. My sister is 80 years old in July. She didn't find out until my niece 'phoned her today. So much for caring nurses
Flipping hell Chris that's terrible, did they not have a sign or something (not sure how it works now) but given your brothers age obvious his siblings would be the same sort of age and take care. That's appalling treatment
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >