View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 08:22 PM
bessie and borris are nightmares, i fell down a new hole today! I was not happy lol!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Ally doesnt dig. A bit when she was puppy but a firm no taught her my lawn isnt for digging. So now she doesnt
(Not that I have a nice garden - not really a garden person )
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Bruno will only dig if I am out in the garden digging - so he actually helps me dig - which is very helpful - although he has been known to try to chew the garden spade if bored. His bad habit in the garden is headbutting the willow fencing and bringing every imaginable stone, stick, plant, plastic, toy and anything else he can find onto the lawn so that when I have to mow it - I honestly spend about 1/2 hr going along each section checking for objects that will kill my lawnmower !!!

dani
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Khera has a dig in the border around my grass, i told her no a few times but there is still one little spot she digs which to be honest i don't really mind. I'v also noticed she sort of digs a little on the spot before she lies down. I think it's something you have to except and provide a safe area for them to do it. Sorry no better advice. Good luck!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Yep!!!!! mine are great diggers mostly in the borders, or digging bushes out :smt096 Once caught 1 of mine digging a big hole in the middle of the lawn. ( think he was trying to get to Australia
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Milie only digs to bury bones. Then forgets where she put them, consequently the garden get a good going over!! She doesn't dig enormous holes, just small annoying ones.
Regards Anne.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 07:22 PM
lol Anne, that reminds me of my GSD, Jesse, if we do a BBQ we always cook extra sausages for the dogs and Jesse likes to go off and bury them in the garden but if she finds out I've been watching wheres shes buried them she digs them up again and starts burying them all over again
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
We used to have a lovely weeping willow in the middle of the garden, but when my older two dogs got stuck into the ground around it (unbeknown to me I must say)they totally undermined the roots, and one evening during some very heavy high winds I looked out of the conservatory and said to my OH does that tree look a bit funny to you, just as I was saying that it just liturally blew over, missing the conservatory by inches. that was all down to my landscape gardening dogs. so I would say yes my dogs dig

Mo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Luckily, no never! I did have a spaniel many years ago who dug up my Mum and Dad's prize garden and chewed all the heads off the flowers, we were not popular I can tell you!

Mine only churn the lawn up when they run around playing if it's wet, but then I don't let them out there if it's too wet as the white one comes in resembling a brown one, not because I don't want the lawn ruined!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
nemo is only 14 weeks old and has already started digging ,, the strange thing is he digs under my path if that makes any sense , its quite strange to see, he lays on his side and digs away, as he is a terrier im sure there is much more digging to come

kimberley x x x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >