Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:22 PM

Been to vets with Georgie today

Hi all. Carrying on from my episode this morning, I went to the Vets just now with Georgie and his mucousy blobs of diarrhea. Anyway, he congratulated me when he first saw him on his excellent condition (this dog used to be half bald and red raw with his previous owner), then in the next breath he told me he was overweight! I told him it's all thick fur and when he had a bath he looked quite thin,he still didn't believe me though. Georgie has got "rubbish disease" (his term for colitis - scavenging) and he is on anti-biotics now, but he said there's no hope for me as I am suffering with a severe case of "over mothering"! To prove his point he put him on the scales and he has gone up a whopping 7kgs from when his previous owner had him 8 months ago, and since he saw this dog week in week out due to his skin condition there was no getting away with it, that Georgie is too fat! He is now on a diet! I will join him Ithink! He runs alongside my bike for 40 mins. every morning, so he is getting the exercise - just needs less food.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Im glad that georgie is ok helen! and you will soon be able to get him back to the weight he needs to be at least he is loads better having you as a caring owner poor thing how could his previous owner let him get like that but well done you for all the hard work you have put in! just his weight now to get sorted!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks Zoe, yes it won't be difficult as he is on 4 meals a day at the moment (due to Cassie needing to put weight onand her instestinal probs), but I shall just cut them down to 3 a day to start with and hopefully that will do the trick, as Cassie is back up to weight now and I'm happy with her.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Sounds like you have alot on with the two of them!so glad that cassie is getting better sounds like a very worrying condition but good job she got you to get her better , im sure georgie will be back to his correct weight soon!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks Zoe. Yes I never had any probs with any of my other dogs, only their annual vet visits and the odd stomach upset! Maybe the vet is right and I am over-mothering them! I found that with the horse too,mine always had probs. and yet people in the yard who neglected their horses never ever had the vet out - tells you something there doesn't it!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Aww glad georgie is ok!!!
You have done such a fab job with him, you should be soo proud!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
Aww glad georgie is ok!!!
You have done such a fab job with him, you should be soo proud!
Thanks Gems, yes I was, especially as he hasn't seen him for 6 months and was overwhelmed with his coat condition, and then he came out with that and it deflated me somewhat! He was laughing though, especially when we weighed him! He was cracked up!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 04:53 PM
yes but at least it shows hes looked after and loved.
but cut it down........lol for his sake.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Yes I must leo, it' not good for him to be overweight i know. You can see from his pics though he's not fat I don't think, especially when wet, but it would be nice to see a sleeker Georgie and my o/h has told me this before too!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 05:00 PM
pglad gerogie is ok hunny, big hug to u
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »