Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2023, 04:03 PM

replacing internal door handles

The brass covered internal door handles here are worn and look terrible so time to replace. Still waiting for more handles to arrive so I can finish the job. While doing the door handles some of the striker plates needed adjusting so did that as well , now no struggle pulling doors to shut properly

I had no end of trouble swapping over the main upstairs bathroom one. Mr Bodger(the previous owner) managed to virtually wreck the fitting to the extent of using plastic rawlplugs for the screws holding in the mechanism inside the door, instead of using longer screws or wooden dowels to plug the holes with.
I think he must have raided an screw bin using what he could and the existing handles upstairs are just mix and match

So now got those in the top photo replaced, having to reduce the spindles as they are too long, thank goodness for my angle grinder and bench grinding machine. Without them I don't think the job could be done.
so got another 6 sets due to come on Tuesday although ordered same day but amazon use different suppliers to meet my order.
Sue has rubbed down and repainted since that top photo taken and now looks so much better together with the new front door.
Dead posh now we is, or will be when also new lounge and conservatory carpets come on Tuesday as well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2023, 08:16 AM
We always keep a box of matches in the shed for those 'too big' holes. Although, as you say, too big, too big holes need a dowel which we always have spares of in the shed too