View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
My vets never pushed neutering and although my dogs are pets, I doubt for the forseeable future, if they will be done... that is MY choice and not the vets Actually my vet was very savvy and knew why I didn't want to have it done....
TalentedMrRiply
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
It's not just the unwanted litters.

It reduces health problems in later life, reduces the urge for the dogs to stray and definitely helps inexperienced owners trying to cope with boisterous bouncing boys.

TalentedMrRiply
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
My vets never pushed neutering and although my dogs are pets, I doubt for the forseeable future, if they will be done... that is MY choice and not the vets Actually my vet was very savvy and knew why I didn't want to have it done....
Can I ask why you wouldn't want to have it done?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by TalentedMrRiply View Post
Can I ask why you wouldn't want to have it done?
Well for one the breed I own are not dominant or highly sexed and seconds the lack of hormones ruins the coats (my breeder and others agree on this..) thirdly its MY choice
I am not against neutering btw....
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Why would she not want this done?
Because there is absolutely no reason to give a healthy well balanced dog a GA just so the Vets can up their bank balance.

They didnt suggest the dog was castrated they TOLD her he MUST! How dare they! These people prey on novice owners condemning them if they dare question it.

Im not going down the why they should be neutered because unless the dog has a medical problem there is no need for it to be done.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
It's not just the unwanted litters.

It reduces health problems in later life, reduces the urge for the dogs to stray and definitely helps inexperienced owners trying to cope with boisterous bouncing boys.

Rhubarb! This dog has no behaviour issues, and some behaviour issues are made a lot worse post castration. Its amazing really, one person mentioned on here and she was dead right. People moan like mad if a tail is docked "in case" it gets damaged and results in pain and discomfort for the dog, but popele are happy to surgically remove dogs insides "in case" they get a rare disease that occurs in a very very small number of animals. diseases like prostate tumours occur in neutered dogs as they do in uneutered ones.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 10:02 PM
My reason is I have had 2 aggressive males and after they were neautered they calmed down so my theory was to just avoid the issue.
I do see both sides of the argument but could also see it if she that novice and can be bullied into things could be bullied into using him as a stud.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I agree Dawn and glad he is keeping his bits.

Tried to give you a repie for the above post, but says I have to spread it around before giving you another rep. sorry...... Eunice
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Personally I wouldn't let a vet who cant tell yellow from brown anywhere near my dogs ginger nuts
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Personally I wouldn't let a vet who cant tell yellow from brown anywhere near my dogs ginger nuts
Now that is sensible advice!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »