View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 11:08 AM
then how the hell can she say what she said!!! he must have seen them playing together....

whipped!!!!!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I get it all the time when my lot are playing like lunatics over the park. Normally what happens is that the other dog or dogs will escape from its owner and just join in with the fun and frolics.

The best bit for me is when they are desperately trying to recall there dog or dogs but to no avail, and when I’m really to go home I just call mine back to me, and they all come straight back. The look on the other persons face is worth its weight in gold.

On a couple of occasion I have even had people say to me “Why have I allowed my dogs to carry on playing when I could see that they were trying to call they dogs back to them” and my answer is simply “Your dogs have got nothing to do with me and you should have better control over it”.

I just hate it when people jump to unfounded conclusions about my dogs and then expect me to stop my dogs from playing because they can’t control their dogs.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I get it all the time when my lot are playing like lunatics over the park. Normally what happens is that the other dog or dogs will escape from its owner and just join in with the fun and frolics.

The best bit for me is when they are desperately trying to recall there dog or dogs but to no avail, and when I’m really to go home I just call mine back to me, and they all come straight back. The look on the other persons face is worth its weight in gold.

On a couple of occasion I have even had people say to me “Why have I allowed my dogs to carry on playing when I could see that they were trying to call they dogs back to them” and my answer is simply “Your dogs have got nothing to do with me and you should have better control over it”.

I just hate it when people jump to unfounded conclusions about my dogs and then expect me to stop my dogs from playing because they can’t control their dogs.
Or even walked their dog back to them when they couldn't recall it, without so much as a thankyou. They just put the lead on and storm off. Priceless
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 11:29 AM
That is ridiculous, she's gonna be the first to complain when it's fully grown and has no social skills isn't she? What's she gonna do then, send it off to a rescue home because it's uncontrolable. Some things people say are laughable. Has she got kids? Does she stop them playing with their friends by any chance? Maybe she doesn't have any friends of her own so she's jealous that she's being out done by her dog.

I'VE GOT IT ... she thinks you're gonna have an elicit affair with her husband while the dogs are playing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
"My wife says that I shouldn't let him play with your two, as they'll play rough and might attack him"
Said to me today by the owner of a young rescue collie who has played really well with the boys both Monday and Tuesday mornings on our walks. He saw us, called the dog over and put him back on his lead and held him really close as he passed by us whilst telling me this.
This is really sad. If I was composing a speech in my head for tomorrow I would try to get him to repeat the statement and then ask him if he agreed with it
As a bloke I can say that quite often when a man starts a sentance "My wife says........" it's a pretty good chance that he doesn't agree with what he's about to say

Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
I'VE GOT IT ... she thinks you're gonna have an elicit affair with her husband while the dogs are playing.
There may be more truth in that statement than you realise
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
That is ridiculous, she's gonna be the first to complain when it's fully grown and has no social skills isn't she?
No doubt she will blame any resulting negative behaviour on those other dangerous dogs that run about the park attempting to lure her dog into such awful things as having fun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Such a shame for the poor dog. I am so glad we don't have those attitudes over where we walk Ollie wouldn't get to play with anybody as he is so much bigger than most of the dogs.
He plays with all sizes and has been allowed too from very young and like your two respects smaller dogs.
Lets hope they don't have children if they have we know what there lives are like.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Poor dog, there is the end of his fun and japes(sp).

I could understand if it were an ickle, frail dog but a BC!!

Did you notice the big thumb print on the man's forehead, crazy!!
lol, does this guy not have a mind of his own? His wife needen't know if he doesn't tell her.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 02:28 PM
some people get me so mad, that poor dog, would do it good to have a play with Max and Murphy!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:07 PM
my OH has stopped taking ben over the park so early, as a couple of the ladies made him an offer he had to refuse. i mean to say it was 7-15 in the morning.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >