Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
parker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
im terrible i buy these things { bread maker , slow cooker ] and they just collect dust in the cupboard i must dig them out
Give the slow cooker another chance.

If you're a beef eater, any joint put in there with boiling water to almost cover it just falls apart. My dad will only eat beef at my house because it's like his sister used to make it!

My children won't eat chilli, (daughter won't eat beef at all now, son would say it was too spicy), so we haven't had it for years, but the slow cooker makes the best chilli. Chicken casseroles, even roast joints all good in there. My friend borrowed mine once for christmas pudding cooking (from scratch).

Plus if you work you can put it all in in the morning, (don't forget root veggies need to be 'cooked' first or they'll be like bullets.... euch! ), when you come home at the end of the day all you need to do is perhaps cook some rice / pasta / veggies and dish it up .

Helena54 your lunch sounds yummy, when I dig mine out I'll give it a go! PS How kind are you - cooking meals for your parents, sure they really appreciate that :smt023

Best just add that I don't sell or manufacture slow cookers
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Lol Parker, the oldies are the people I care for every day (part'time job!) but they do appreciate what I do for their lunch. By the way, another great time saver is to cook all your veggies off and put them in those small plastic boxes and you just microwave them for 2 mins. when you come home and dish up out of the slow cooker!

I certainly wouldn't be without mine. I even use it to cook the dogs' chicken breasts for the whole week. Somehow the food tastes better too coz it's all enclosed and steamed. You always have to fry off your meat first coz it won't brown it in the cooker. Casseroles are something else cooked in it too.

p.s. I don't sell them either! Robert Dyas are doing a special offer on their small ones at the moment, only £8.99 that's cheap!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3