Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Myra you might be interested to know that a lot of working labs in the UK are Fox Red and they are pedigree and very real I assure you , I don't think I have ever seen a show Lab that colour though...
I did not say that the color wasn't a pure bred Labrador as their Fox Reds are registered! I just said it's not an acceptable show color from what I gather and thus really is "new" or controversial. Same as "silver" Labradors. They can be AKC registered etc. but the coloring is very controversial.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Quote from the Puggle website, would explain why the answer to the original post has only appeared now.

"Stop press just sold Alexander Oxlaid Chamberlain a beautifull fawn puggle (CHECK OUT HIS 'another site' )"
So I still don't understand why his Mother has joined Dogsey in order to advertise a puppy farm
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wendie Oxlade-C View Post
I wanted to respond to the person enquiring bout this "Puggles r us" and whether it is an uncaring unscrupulous puppy farm, in my experience and opinion it absolutely is not!...................
Hm I see you have a Pug gel according to your profile LOLOL
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I did not say that the color wasn't a pure bred Labrador as their Fox Reds are registered! I just said it's not an acceptable show color from what I gather and thus really is "new" or controversial. Same as "silver" Labradors. They can be AKC registered etc. but the coloring is very controversial.
No it's not a show colour, it is however prevalent in working dogs, it's not new nor is it controversial, the working dogs have been around longer than the showing version and as their other site is a gundog site not showing dogs they would have fox red labs. Not defending anything here simply stating fact.....
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 01:46 PM
No it's not a show colour, it is however prevalent in working dogs, it's not new nor is it controversial, the working dogs have been around longer than the showing version and as their other site is a gundog site not showing dogs they would have fox red labs. Not defending anything here simply stating fact.....
Gotcha! Thank you for that information
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Gotcha! Thank you for that information
You are welcome
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 06:17 PM

" The Labrador Retriever coat colors are black, yellow and chocolate. Any other color or a combination of colors is a disqualification. [...] Yellow-Yellows may range in color from fox-red to light cream, with variations in shading on the ears, back, and underparts of the dog."
https://www.akc.org/breeds/labrador_...d_standard.cfm

Fox reds are genetically yellow so are absolutely acceptable. Silvers are something different entirely, possibly resulting from outcrossing... i dont think they can be registered as silver?
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Bluejay, that's what I thought. It's like Golden Retrievers. They're 'yellow' but can range from almost red to nearly white. They're still called Golden Retrievers..
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 11:05 PM
That is fair enough. I have a feeling the OP won't be back and this thread is no longer about the Puggles R Us that she came to defend so I'll pull out of this now.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4