Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wendie Oxlade-C
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2014, 02:10 PM

"Puggles r us"

I wanted to respond to the person enquiring bout this "Puggles r us" and whether it is an uncaring unscrupulous puppy farm, in my experience and opinion it absolutely is not!

I took two v long trips up to Doncaster from Portsmouth to check it out and allay my fears regarding the well-being of the dogs and to get to know the Breeders and how well organised they are esp given the cross-breed of the Puggles and how well scrutinised the family history of dog is and health checks.

All my and my families concerns were allayed by a very attentive and helpful chap called Eddie-one of the breeders.
The establishment was clean well run with supportive team of caring and very informative team so no bad experience from this "Puggles r us".

Our wonderful Puggle is fantastic and in very good health at 6months old, according to the Vet. So pleased with the service and our lovely dog and a great addition to our family. Wendie Oxlade-Chamberlain
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2014, 03:16 PM
I do not recall anyone on Dogsey commenting on the puppy farm "Puggles r us" but a "Puggle" is not a breed it is a crossbreed ie mongrel. And their other website also leads to their puppy farm.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 04:05 PM
This is most certainly a puppy farm. They can't even spell on their websites. They breed Puggles, "Cockerpoos", and "Fox Red" Labradors (that is not a true Labrador color type) with "low hip scores".

You may very well have a healthy puppy and I encourage you (all people) to buy the kind of dog you want, but these people certainly are running a puppy farm. They even call it a farm.

This except is off of their Foxisle Gundogs page about their latest litter...

This is mums last litter and she is also offered to a wonderfull pet home where her fabulously faithful, walk to heel temperament will be appreciated. She will be spaid so breeders need not apply
Wickedly BAD spelling is found throughout their website and everything just reeks of puppy mill/farm. BTW, their dog is done breeding, so now they wish to re-home her. Questionable, at best. Puppy farm through and through. Doesn't mean their dogs are not healthy, but it is what it is.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Four different litters on the go at the same time??
Greed greed greed
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 04:31 PM
BlueJay, lest we not forget that none of these dogs are pure bred dogs. They only breed "CockerPoos" and "Puggles" and the sort. If you take a look at their Foxisle Gundog page and check out their dogs that they use for breeding, you'll be even LESS impressed.

They don't even show any of the dogs, and don't have up proper photos of them anyway. They have no links to Pedigrees, just comments on "champion" parents etc. which nobody can prove. Everything is so generic. This place is truly a puppy mill.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Information about Puggles R Us?

This is most likely what she is speaking of.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I do not recall anyone on Dogsey commenting on the puppy farm "Puggles r us" but a "Puggle" is not a breed it is a crossbreed ie mongrel. And their other website also leads to their puppy farm.
As for.
I took two v long trips up to Doncaster from Portsmouth to check it out and allay my fears regarding the well-being of the dogs and to get to know the Breeders and how well organised they are esp given the cross-breed of the Puggles and how well scrutinised the family history of dog is and health checks.
From there site.
We have 2 KC registered B.V.A. eye tested Pugs which sire our Puggles
That's next to nothing, as far as health testing goes.

I'm happy 6 months later your dog is fine.
From there site:
14 day health warranty
personally THAT IS A HUGE RED FLAG, to me.

£1200= roughly 2400 dollars us.
Sorry I'd get a fully parent health tested/dna tested pure bred for around that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2014, 04:34 PM
£1200
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Yes! The 14 day health warranty is very, very weird. So if something happens after 14 days, then they aren't liable. The shelter I got Nigredo from did better than that! That is an insane amount of money for a dog with very little health testing and no true health guarantee.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Disgusting!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Are you related to the footballer??
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >