View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh, of course I know it is their house and i'm very lucky that I managed to move back with 3 dogs in tow so thats why I try and keep the dogs out of the way as much as possible. To be fair to the dogs, they hardly move off their beds all day until I get home and they stay on their beds in the evening but whatever I do never seems to be right. It's a mighty long time to be expected to stay on their beds without stretching their legs. In summer it was fine because they spent all day in the garden and I spent more time out with them but now winter is here and they are stuck inside, it's driving my Mum crazy.

A dog run like the one you suggested Kirsty isnt an option because the garden is only small and has not long been re-designed. A run big enough for the 3 of them would take up nearly all the space and there is no way the folks are going to agree to that! I dont mind the dogs being in the garage if it's suitable but I know my parents and they would just see it as the dogs taking over even more. I get moaned at for the dogs stuff being everywhere as it is (it isnt everywhere, it's located in a couple of places neatly tucked away in curver boxes out of sight) so in their eyes I could never win.

At this moment in time, I couldnt possibly afford to move out and couldnt for at least another year, i'm on my third year back with them now!

I think it got to me even more because i'm getting really frustrated living with my parents in general who arent easy going people at the best of times. You could jump through hoops and it still wouldnt be good enough and you'd get no thanks. Having my own space is something that is always in my mind yet I know isnt obtainable at the moment. And I dont like the thought that my dogs are being shouted at for things that are beyond their control.

But, I should look on the bright side and count myself lucky I didnt have to give my dogs up for rehoming when I moved out of my previous place. I know i'm very lucky in that respect.
John Dansie
New Member!
Male 

08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
You've arrived back at your parents home. They were just settling down to a nice empty house where they could do as they pleased when you turned up. So they have had to readjust their lives to accommodate you. But, blimey oh riley, you come complete with 3 ruddy great dogs. How big is their house? I suggest, young lady, you get things sorted out pretty damn quick or you all could find yourselves on the pavement!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I call this behaviour old school!

My parents are like this too mum is very old school dad is adaptable but still thinks in terms of old school ways of animal care.

They just dont get the world has changed since their day when they had animals.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post

But, I should look on the bright side and count myself lucky I didnt have to give my dogs up for rehoming when I moved out of my previous place. I know i'm very lucky in that respect.
It must be frustrating for both you and them, and there are no easy answers are there?

What about a kennel and run where the dogs could be rotated so that not ALL of them were in at one time>

Do you think that might be an idea?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by John Dansie View Post
You've arrived back at your parents home. They were just settling down to a nice empty house where they could do as they pleased when you turned up. So they have had to readjust their lives to accommodate you. But, blimey oh riley, you come complete with 3 ruddy great dogs. How big is their house? I suggest, young lady, you get things sorted out pretty damn quick or you all could find yourselves on the pavement!
Are you actually my Dad using an alias?

I wouldnt find myself out on the street, fortunately they are not that hard hearted. My sister got kicked out of her council flat and came back with her child, and then proceeded to give birth to 2 more before moving out again so I dont think 3 dogs (oh, and 4 mice [RIP]) are going to bother them enough to see me out on my ear.

It's not something we have rows about, I refuse to pander, but there are digs here and there, some days are worse than others but it's not as if we are at each others throats over the dogs.

Young lady? Not so much of the young nowadays and definitely not a lady.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Are you actually my Dad using an alias?
Young lady? Not so much of the young nowadays and definitely not a lady.

labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by John Dansie View Post
Well aren't you just delightful - not! all I will say is I hope you don't have children.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It must be frustrating for both you and them, and there are no easy answers are there?

What about a kennel and run where the dogs could be rotated so that not ALL of them were in at one time>

Do you think that might be an idea?
To me, these are good ideas SB and i've always maintained on here that I have no problems with dogs being out in kennels etc as long as they are comfortable and not neglected in any way. If it was my garden i'd have something up in a flash because Jed prefers to be outside, he finds it difficult to cope indoors.

I'm happy to bring up the subject with them but I just dont think they are going to buy into the idea. I can hear my Mum already saying "A bloody kennel? I dont want one of those eyesores in the garden!", especially not when they got rid of the shed because it took up too much room and looked unsightly! I also have to be careful about the dogs barking too much because of our neighbour who would have the authorities out in a flash.

I need to get myself a camper van like somebody I know and live the free life!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh, of course I know it is their house and i'm very lucky that I managed to move back with 3 dogs in tow so thats why I try and keep the dogs out of the way as much as possible. To be fair to the dogs, they hardly move off their beds all day until I get home and they stay on their beds in the evening but whatever I do never seems to be right. It's a mighty long time to be expected to stay on their beds without stretching their legs. In summer it was fine because they spent all day in the garden and I spent more time out with them but now winter is here and they are stuck inside, it's driving my Mum crazy.

A dog run like the one you suggested Kirsty isnt an option because the garden is only small and has not long been re-designed. A run big enough for the 3 of them would take up nearly all the space and there is no way the folks are going to agree to that! I dont mind the dogs being in the garage if it's suitable but I know my parents and they would just see it as the dogs taking over even more. I get moaned at for the dogs stuff being everywhere as it is (it isnt everywhere, it's located in a couple of places neatly tucked away in curver boxes out of sight) so in their eyes I could never win.

At this moment in time, I couldnt possibly afford to move out and couldnt for at least another year, i'm on my third year back with them now!

I think it got to me even more because i'm getting really frustrated living with my parents in general who arent easy going people at the best of times. You could jump through hoops and it still wouldnt be good enough and you'd get no thanks. Having my own space is something that is always in my mind yet I know isnt obtainable at the moment. And I dont like the thought that my dogs are being shouted at for things that are beyond their control.

god it sounds just like me!! i cant ever do anything right, never get thanks for the things i do, just get criticized for the things i havent i no exactly how you feel, and it actually makes me feel a bit better, knowing im not the only one who feels like this most of the time!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I think our parents might be related!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >