Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 07:00 AM

Alfie really doesn't like mornings.....

I have a job induction day today so was up quite a bit earlier than usual (possibly a bit too early if I have time to come on here... ) anyway, so I went down and got Alfie up so that he can be up for an hour or so before I go out.

Issue being.... Alfie doesn't like mornings.

I went and opened the crate and was like "okayyy come on thenn" and he looked at me like... "errr, go away crazy lady".. so I eventually coaxed him up and out for a wee, he then goes straight into his little bed in the living room where he is like death staring me so I was like okay just go there then lol

He then hears me making breakfast and appeared when I opened the fridge, and I was chatting to him and was like "no you aren't getting anything just now, off you go back to your bed".

I go in the room 2 mins later to find him not in the soft bed, but back in his crate... all curled up.

I coax him out again and was like "okay let's play" and picked up a toy, he looked at me like "idiot" and then went straight back to his crate and curled up again.....
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:20 PM
aww poor alfie being woken up early in the morning

ive got one here who doesnt like early morning or late nights, when im on mornings at work she wont even get up in fact she struggles to even bother opening her eyes to me and she takes herself of to bed around 10.30 / 11pm

i had to wake her up last night for her ear drops as she was lay on the ear i needed and im sure if looks could kill i would of dropped down dead from the look she gave to me
she likes her sleep does my ruby
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Haha awwwww!

Sounds like Alfie... though if he was lying on one side I would have just rolled him.... he just goes with it
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 03:57 PM
My dog puts herself to bed at about the same time every night too! I obviously keep too late hours for her.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Cain used to wake me up at 6.30am on the dot when he was younger. Now he's very lazy in the mornings. Likes to get up between 7-8am for a wee and breakfast then puts himself back to bed for another couple of hours! Due to finishing work late tonight I took Cain for an early morning walk, it wasn't great and I discover that neither me or Cain are early morning walkers! I'd much rather taken him out for a 2 hour midnight stroll.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Haha aww!

Yeah Alfie - when he has put himself back to bed after his 2 min wee, will then stay in his bed until at least 12-1pm (he normally goes to bed at 10, gets up at 9 for a wee, then straight back for a well deserved nap.. ).

In the summer the mornings were so lovely I always wanted to go out, but anytime we tried he just walked really slow/dragged along

He did WANT to go for a walk, but apparently the effort in the mornings was too much for him....