Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 08:43 AM

Alfie SBT

With the weather forecast saying we would have heavy snow today (not much of it so far!) I drove to Kent to pick my new foster up last night. Took me 5 hours in all but the return journey was much faster than the outgoing one!

So, here is little Alfie

His story is that he was dumped at the pound at approx 6 weeks old. He was skinny and in a terrible state so they have done wonders with him as he looks great now. One of the women at the pound has been trying to find him a rescue space since he arrived and has managed to keep him hidden on pts day. She rang Kymm in tears on Wednesday as she had been told all the Staffies, including Alfie,had to be killed this Friday (yesterday) as they were so full and had more dogs coming in. Kymm asked me, I said yes and so Alfie and another Staffie were saved by South East Dog Rescue.

He's been a good boy and met 3 of the cats with little fuss. He does run (well, gambol) after them if they walk away but he is clearly not interested in them and they know that. I had 3 of them down here within an hour of him arriving which is wonderful.

I'm going to post another thread about Lily as I would like some advice on her.

Dylan gets Staffie kisses every now and then which he tolerates and then says enough and Alfie waddles off.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 08:46 AM
He's such a cutie and what a sad story. Fancy dumping a tiny baby in a pound, overbreeding at its worst! He's a lucky little chap. Looks like he had good people on his side though and now he's got a great shot at a fantastic future. Cant wait to meet him! xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Well done or saving him, honey.......

So sad isn't it?

He is a little smasher

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
He's such a cutie and what a sad story. Fancy dumping a tiny baby in a pound, overbreeding at its worst! He's a lucky little chap. Looks like he had good people on his side though and now he's got a great shot at a fantastic future. Cant wait to meet him! xx
So sad isn't it And Kymm was saying that she wasn't going to take any more dogs for a month to try and get the ones she has had a long time rehomed. The newbies seem to go very quick but some longtimers have been there a while now. Good job she is a pushover when it comes to dogs hey!

He can't go out for walks for 3 weeks cos of his vaccs but I can bring him to you if you like? What are your plans this weekend? xx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well done or saving him, honey.......

So sad isn't it?

He is a little smasher

Aw, Kymm is the hero here! He is gorgeous and it's such a horrible thought that he could of lost his life just because he was born a Staff. Well, no need for him to have that worry now thankfully!
cara2002
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 09:23 AM
its so sad what people do to animals!
He is really gorgeous. Wish i had the space to take in foster dogs, it takes a brilliant person to look after a dog that has had a bad start to life, you are doing fantastic.
Keep up the good work :0)
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
So sad isn't it And Kymm was saying that she wasn't going to take any more dogs for a month to try and get the ones she has had a long time rehomed. The newbies seem to go very quick but some longtimers have been there a while now. Good job she is a pushover when it comes to dogs hey!

He can't go out for walks for 3 weeks cos of his vaccs but I can bring him to you if you like? What are your plans this weekend? xx

Aw, Kymm is the hero here! He is gorgeous and it's such a horrible thought that he could of lost his life just because he was born a Staff. Well, no need for him to have that worry now thankfully!
Weather dependant I reckon. Pop over tomorrow if your free. Just let me know what time you'll be here as got a few errands to run. Cant wait to see him and my favourite little barbie doll, Lily!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Another casualty of people greed and cruelty.

He is a little cutie, well done for saving him x
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Well done to you and Kymm. I really admire the work you do.
He is a little stunner, I bet you're going to fall in love with him
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Aww, so sad, bless him. Glad he's landed in a good foster home now
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Another casualty of people greed and cruelty.

He is a little cutie, well done for saving him x
I agree.. Thanks for taking the time to let the pup in your home.. he will be very grateful I bet

Thanks for sharing this story and Beautiful Pic. Happy Holidays
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >